Favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalists

Who were your favorite olympic ice dance medalists?

• Lyudmila Pakhmova/Alexandr Gorshkov

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Natalia Bestemianova/Andrei Bukin

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Natalia Linichuk/Gennadi Karponosov

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jayne Torvill/Christopher Dean

Votes: 78 44.3%
  • Oksana Grishuk/Evgeny Platov

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Marina Anissina/Gwendel Peizerat

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • Other -- please post

Votes: 30 17.0%

• Total voters

sk8m8

Final Flight
since it only said "favorite medal performance" and did not designate, I would have to include My personal favorite...Colleen O’Connor & Jim Millns in the bronze medal performance of the 1976 olympics. That performance was one of the best examples of a team relating to each other on the ice that I've witnessed. Even though Torville and Dean would be deemed, most likely, to be superior skaters, O'Connor and Millns had a connection that Jane and Chris did not achieve until later in their professional careers. JMO

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Favorite Olympic Ice Dance Medalist

There is no doubt that Torvill/Dean:clap: are still the best Ice Dancers. They remain the standard for all to follow:rock:

diamond:love:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have the bad habit of loving all ice dancers, but if I have to pick:
1. Torvill & Dean
2. Klimova & Ponomarenko
3. Usova & Zhulin
4. Duchesnays
5. O'Connor & Millns
6. Pakhamova and Gorshkov

And if I can include non-medallists at Olys, I loved Blumberg & Siebert and Rahkamo and Kokko and Annenko & Sretensky!

Although I liked many of G&P's performances, I always felt Memorial was mailed in as to choreography-all those Besti squats. I far prefer their Feeling begins program.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Marina and Gwedel. I always liked their programs.

Dee

OtherDaryl

Spectator
Colleen O'Connor & Jim Milnes got me interested in the first place, oh soooo many years ago. They did a gorgeous waltz to Send in the Clowns, as I recall.

anniemg

Rinkside
I went with Marina and Gwendal with Torvill and Dean really close in second... No doubt T/D where amazing but I have a soft spot for A/P since I wasnt even born when T/D won the Olympics, whereas I followed A/P very closely.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I had to choose other. I guess for this vote I was thinking about this past Olympics only and believe that if Dubriel and Lauzon hadn't of gotten injured they would have won a medal and I definately looooove them!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
#1Kerryfan said:
Any Americans

Which would be... ? ;)

or are we just going with the country? which is what I used to do because it was how my aunt told me to cheer for... if all you're looking at are the US skaters, you're missing out on some fantastic talent!:clap:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Most of my favorite Ice Dance couples were not Olympic medal winners, so the only choice I'm left with is Klimova&Ponamarenko.

I have three favorites I think SHOULD have won an Olympic medal - Blumberg&Siebert(US), The Duchenays(France), and Rakomo&Koko(Finland).

My hands-down favorite couple of all time is Lisa Spitz&Scott Gregory of the U.S. They went to 3 Worlds (82,83,84) and finished 10th at the 84 Olympics.
Scott Gregory went to the 88 Olympics with his 2nd partner, Suzy Semanick, and I think they finished 6th. Scott Gregory's wife is Kimmie's coach, Pam.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
jsteam4501s said:
My hands-down favorite couple of all time is Lisa Spitz&Scott Gregory of the U.S.

I really enjoyed their dancing too! Their folk dance sections were very, very entertaining (IMO anyway), particularly their hoedown and Kalinka. I'm glad someone else remembers them.

BTW, video clips of them can be found at fsvids and rinkside.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joesitz said:
Torvahl and Dean. Pure dance - no histrionics.

Joe
I didn't like all of their numbers but would have to agree Joe.

Dee