Top Figure Skating Broadcaster | Golden Skate

Top Figure Skating Broadcaster

Who is your favorite figure skating broadcaster?

• ABC: 2005 US Championships

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • CBC: 2005 World Championships

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • TSN: 2005 Canadian Championships + Grand Prix Events

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • ESPN: 2005 World Championships

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Eurosport: 2005 World Championships

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Other -- Please post

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

screech

Final Flight
CTV/TSN - I love how excited and into it Rod Black gets. And his cheesy sayings, and just how one of the 'every sport commentators' seems to truly love the sport - he makes it so enjoyable and doesn't try to toss in random and pointless facts like 'he enjoys golf!' or 'she likes calvin klein!' or things like that that every other 'every sport commentator' seems to mention.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Since I'm in the U.S I don't get two of those channel's :) But my favorite here is ABC. For sentimental reasons, I guess. I have to see my smuckers and Smart one's commercial's :p

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
But my favorite here is ABC. For sentimental reasons, I guess. I have to see my smuckers and Smart one's commercial's

ITA. ABC is my favorite as well. I actually like Dick and Peggy......they've been at it ever since I've been a fan. I almost feel like I know them, lol. I don't have any of the other channels but ESPN, and I've never been a big fan of their figure skating coverage. But, I am glad they show it!

urmaniac13

Rinkside
Button always made me blow chunks... thank god I don't have to listen to him here in Europe... I always liked Chris Howarth & Simon Reed from Eurosport... they are always fair and don't blabber too much!!

Eliza

Rinkside
Other - Whatever station's commentators do the least amount of unnecessary blabbing.

My favorite World's commentary was 1991 when Robin Cousins did commentary for ABC/NBC/CBS? I don't remember which, but I was so happy to not have to listen to a lot of junk.

My least favorite commentary is any done by Scott Hamilton. His annoying, hyper screeching drives me crazy.

Eliza

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I think Tracy Wilson is a fantastic commentator and I wish we could smuggle her over to this side of the border to replace Susie Wynne and/or Terry Gannon. Button seems to get a little more -- something -- can't quite find the word at the moment -- every year, but whenever the Olys and Worlds aren't/weren't on ABC, I did miss him. There's just no one out there like him; which is good because one is enough! :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I wish we got Eurosport video coverage here in the states. But I really like listening to the live audio Eurosport coverage!! And I like seeing the coverage on video. They limit the unrelated chatter during the performances.

DG

luvsasha

Final Flight
espn, probably. I also love it anytime i download eurosport videos! the accents are awesome. :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Although I love the CBCs coverage (ahem, they are on STRIKE right now!!!!!!) I must also give my respectful homage to Johnny Esaw - he covered skating in the Karen Magnussen/Toller Cranston era for CTV. He became quite the fixture at CTV and was eventually replaced by Rod Black. Johnny loved figure skating and it showed in his lively coverage and treatment of figure skaters. Johnny was made an honorary member of the Canadian Figure Skating Association and respected by all.

:thumbsup:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for ABC with Uncle Dickie and Auntie Peggy. What would Nationals be without them??

Dee

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
I voted for ABC with Uncle Dickie and Auntie Peggy.
Dee

th_ROTFLMAO.gif

So sweet, I like that. :)