TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
attyfan said:
If it is "less special" for Cohen to win after one (Olys) try, is the "specialness" of winning an OGM lessened further for those who have tried twice, such as Kwan and Slutskaya? Or. does being a multiple Oly medalist count for something?

Personally I really appreiate those who hang in there and keep trying as opposed to those who "win the OGM and run". That's not meant to take anything away from the OGM winning skate or skater. There is something to be said for the harder and longer the struggle the sweeter the reward. For example, Liz Manley's OSM performance in Calgary probably was more rewarding than Witt's second OGM was to her. Same goes fo Paul Wylie.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Piel said:
There is something to be said for the harder and longer the struggle the sweeter the reward.
I remember this was exactly what Kim Klijster - the newly crowned US Open champion - said at the ceremony.

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
I am hoping that the :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: means that you don't seriously think that an OGM is worth undergoing major reconstructive surgery?

No I don't think that an OGM is worth undergoing major reconstructive surgey but,
in an sport like hockey, tennis, golf and even figure skating, in order to get to the top, there is a certain of pain and injury that these athletes have to go through. These athletes push themselves to the limits to win, probably have some fun along the way, but their main goal is to get to the top of their game.

In other for figure skating to be a competitive sport, these athletes have to incur some form of injury. Some are lucky enough to avoid injury. Injury is a natural occurance in any sport, let it be muscular, broken bones or eventually arthritis(when they can't avoid with so much wear and tear on the body).

In the end, it's up to the athlete, how far they are prepared to train and how far they are prepared to go. Who's right or who's wrong? Only them in the end will have to pay the price and will it be worth it!!! Only they will know!!

Happy skating.