TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP | Golden Skate

TT choreographed both MK's LP and a new SP

Fozzie Bear

On the Ice
Wow

The off-season intrigue continues! It's never boring with TT. :laugh: I wonder what Shizuka must think of all this...

Thanks, Kathy!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Kathy,

Thanks for the link. Lots of great news in there, including info on Shizuka's programs (Paganini Rhapsody for her short - is it Rach? and Chopin Piano Concerto for her long), Platov's move to NJ and working with Zhulin (!), and Silvia Fontana's return to eligible competition and her programs (Nessun Dorma LP and blues SP). I can't wait for the season to start!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
I found this quote to be interesting:

It is not easy to do that in the U.S. because the judges are democratic here

I also found it interesting that Platov and Zhulin will be working together. Will we see a coaching team of Pasha and Maia in the near future?

TT never ceases to amaze me. She demonstrates a true love for skating and she is a Choreographer Without Borders. Her heart is in Russia, her job is in Japan and America. Incredible woman.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
TT really is amazing...

Very, very nice and complimentary quotes about MK. I can't wait to see those programs.

I'm also encouraged by TT's comments about Shiz. I really do hope her head is in a good place for a strong competitive season. Wow - 2-3/3/2's. IIRC, only one combo of 3 jumps can be included in the LP, right? If that is the case, then I assume the strategy for including 2 at this point is to make one of them an easier 3/3 by competition time? (just wondering)

I'm REALLY intrigued by Johnny's comments especially about his LP. It sounds like he will be presenting a very different style this year for that part of things. His comments about the SP also leave me curious. Hopefully a faithful reporter will be at Sun Valley - I believe JW is planning on debuting The Swan there - this weekend I think?

This is going to be such an exciting season for the ladies and the men!

DG

S

SkateFan4Life

I certainly hope that TT can convince Michelle that she really, really, really needs to pay attention to the new judging system and upt the ante of her programs accordingly. What worked for MK in 1996, quite frankly, isn't going to cut it in 2006. Michelle will need everything in her arsenal to win Olympic gold next winter. I think she's capable of doing so, but she must attack both programs. Forget what the other skaters are doing, Michelle - just go for it!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Very interesting about Zhulin and Platov working together. That means that Navka and Chait will be sharing ice - wonder how that will go over! I do wonder, though - if Tarasova announced her plans earlier, would Denkova & Stavijski have gone to her instead of Linichuk?

I hope what she says about Johnny is true. She does, however, always play up her skaters.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Sorry if it's a bit ot, but I ran into Johnny's quote about his new sp and I'm a bit stunned. :confused:

It’s a more masculine take on the last breathe of life of the swan.

What on earth could that be? Maybe the swan's death from the point of view of a hunter? :eek: I'm just not seeing it. :confused:

Thanks a million, Kathy and Lucy.

I liked this exchange (translation by Shanti on FSU):

Interviewer: When Nikolai Morozov while working with you and Sasha Cohen choreographed the long program for Kwan you openly expressed your disapproval. Yet now it seems to be a common practice. You choreograph for Arakawa and Kwan, Weir and Goeble. Morozov works with Brian Joubert and Evgeny Plushenko. Aren’t the athletes jealous?

TT: I do my best for everyone who approaches me. And I guess no one can say that I worked with someone worse than with somebody else. Yet I can’t give my life to one. None of them is Lesha Yagudin. Though Kwan is Kwan. One can’t say no to her.

:agree:

Also: And it [Turin] will be Kwan’s last performance?

TT: She’s such an unpredictable athlete that I won’t be very surprised if she stays eligible after Turin and will be preparing for her fourth Olympics.

:rock: :laugh: :yes:

SusanBeth said:
What on earth could that be? Maybe the swan's death from the point of view of a hunter? :eek: I'm just not seeing it. :confused:
:rofl: :rofl: The dying male swan is expected to maintain a stiff upper lip, none of this graceful flailing around trying to make people feel sorry for you.

He does not go gentle into that good night! He laughs at danger, he scoffs at wounds, he spits in the face of adversity!

In the fell clutch of circumstance
He does not wince nor cry aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
His head is bloody, but unbowed!!

MM ;)

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Ok, I can get the master of fate and captain of soul bit (or is it the other way around- master of soul? ) It's going to be interesting watching him portray a stiff-lipped swan with a bloodied, unbowed head. :biggrin:

Edited: Oh great, I am now getting an image of a swan in the first stages of rigor mortis. Let's hope Johnny doesn't go too far with it. ;)

Last edited:

waxel

Final Flight
VERY interesting, newsy article. It would seem that Michelle is coming out blazing with 2 new TT programs. Can't wait to learn the music selections... and would love to see Michelle inspired creatively by working with a new choreographer. The possibilities are fascinating.

Re: Johnny's LP. Not at all familiar with Maksim Mrvica. Anyone have any insight?

Hi, Susan Beth. There was an article in the paper the other day about a male swan who hangs out at a little lake in a fancy suburb around here. He is so aggressive in guarding his family that he attacks jet skiers and small watercraft, causing a hazard on the lake. So some residents appealed to the state wildlife people to come and shoot him.

But then other people rallied to his defense, so the last I heard they had postponed making a decision in the matter to let the two sides cool off a little.

MM :)

Doggygirl said:
I'm also encouraged by TT's comments about Shiz. I really do hope her head is in a good place for a strong competitive season.
Me, too. Last year it seemed like the World Championship was a burden to her, if not indeed a curse. If she can go after it, not with the weight of the world on her shoulders, but just to skate her heart out, she could have a great year.
Doggtgirl said:
Wow - 2-3/3/2's. IIRC, only one combo of 3 jumps can be included in the LP, right? If that is the case, then I assume the strategy for including 2 at this point is to make one of them an easier 3/3 by competition time? (just wondering)
That's a good question. Maybe it is so easy for her to tack an extra double on the end that she can do it just for show, even though in doesn't earn her any extra points on the tech side. Doing an extra double does show off how secure your landing edge was on the second triple, so it might impress the judges in COE or PCS.

MM :)

waxel

Final Flight
Thanks MM. Now I understand that Mrvica is the artist (musician) and not the composer. I listened to the (very) brief clips on amazon.com that include 2 of Johnny's selections. Hmmm. I refuse to be negative about Johnny's program--- so I'll just hope that the edit will be spectacular.

registered

On the Ice
OK, so what are MK's new programs, exactlly? Since amongst complementary quotes from Tatiana (and it's been known for a while that TT worked on Michellels programs) no actual announcement of the choice of music was made, should the article be considered a non news, but rather a PR spin of a mighty Kwan handlers? I haven't found out anything I didn't know already (for the MK's part).

(Sarcasm off. I've been writing it along the lines of Cohen haters, who're quick to condemn any piece of news, coming from her journals.)