Dreams | Golden Skate

Dreams

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Feels really strange but I remember dreaming that my late husband was walking up to the house. He's been gone 6 years. Do you think there's anything to a dream like that other than the fact that it's always in the back of your mind?

My son gets his pacemaker Friday. Earlier appt. was cancelled.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Grgranny,

I think he has just been on your mind more recently. What with all the family health problems, those kind of memories pop back up.

Here's hoping all goes well for your son.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Dreams are just the brain working on thoughts not completed during the day. Sometimes I have clients who have frightening dreams at night because they distract themselves during the day. The brain will make you complete the work you need to do. If you run from things during the day it will come back to get you at night. Also people who watch too much tv or fall asleep with the tv on can have some strange dreams indeed.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I do have my tv on all day and all night. Cannot stand to have a quiet house. I was the oldest of 7 and then of course, married & 4 kids. And my ears ring so bad I can't stand it. That's why I have it on at night. Volume is so low I cannot really understand what they are saying but it works for me. I wish I had some idea of how dangerous putting in a pacemaker is. Last night I called Janet several times and no answer. (I keep thinking she will be all alone and no one will know if she's dead. She called a little later and was ok, just had to go to Dr. and didn't get home until after 10.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
It's not a good idea to sleep with tv on. If you need it to get to sleep, it's better to put it on a timer so that it goes off within an hour. And never put a tv in a kid's bedroom.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Then what do you do if your ears ring so bad you can't get to sleep? I don't have trouble getting to sleep if I have some noise to drown out the ringing. I can't stand those tapes with the ocean noise, etc. It's like chalk squeaking on a blackboard.

There's not much chance of having a child with a tv. After all, I am old :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But I would never ever have a tv in a child's bedroom - or a computer.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It's caused from taking too much aspirin after my wreck in 1969. That's when my fibromyalgia started.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Feels really strange but I remember dreaming that my late husband was walking up to the house. He's been gone 6 years. Do you think there's anything to a dream like that other than the fact that it's always in the back of your mind?

My son gets his pacemaker Friday. Earlier appt. was cancelled.

I used to dream about my father all the time after he passed away - thirty years ago. I still dream about him coming to the house we used to live in - I was sixteen - then he says he can't stay and leaves. Sometimes my mom is there as well.

No, it's not unusual to have such dreams. Our loved ones are in our memories.

Skatehappy

Rinkside
I have many of the same health issues, so I sleep with a radio on low volume, tuned to a talk channel where I like what they talk about.

You and your son will be in my prayers.