Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    139

    USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA

    Hope they wouldn't pull a "last year" again. I have a feeling this announcement means that MK really is doing the GP this year. I'm so jazzed.
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=30463

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Thanks, Kathy. I'm just coming here to post the link. lol.

  3. #3
    Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,021
    This is GREAT news!!!

    Let the season begin!!!

  4. #4
    Sal-Kowabunga!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    971
    I too hope Michelle actually comes to compete, but I am really excited to get the chance to see Tiffany and Jamie with their new partners. Besides, I've never been to Atlantic City....

  5. #5
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Didn't they "confirm" her last year, too? I'm not getting my hopes up here.

    Still, assuming that the association is NOT assuming, this may be a good thing.

    For now, I'll believe it when I see it. (or in this case, her!)

  6. #6
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    I want to see Dan Fang, Jenna McCorkell, Sergei Davydov, Kristofer Berntssen and of course, Kevin Vander Perren.

    Will Obertas and Slavnov have a chance against Zhang and Zhang?

    Is Marci Hintzman fully recovered from her operation and ready to challenge Inoue and Baldwin and Orsher and Lucash for the best in America?

    These are going to be great competitions in their own right, never mind the Olympics!

    MM

  7. #7
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    OT

    MM- I have a question about your quote. Who is Tarasova speaking about?

  8. #8
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    Oh ye of little faith! Of course she's going to be there. Hasn't she been reading all the Internet postings about why she has to do the Grand Prix this year?

    MM

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    MM- I have a question about your quote. Who is Tarasova speaking about?
    Here is the full quote, from the Tarasova thread:

    “Working with Michelle was for me like a gift from God. She is an amazing person and an amazing skater. She works like crazy and she skates like a goddess.

    “I hope people appreciate these new programs, because she is the most unbelievable person in figure skating,...

    What can I say? The truth will out.

  10. #10
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Here is the full quote, from the Tarasova thread:

    “Working with Michelle was for me like a gift from God. She is an amazing person and an amazing skater. She works like crazy and she skates like a goddess.

    “I hope people appreciate these new programs, because she is the most unbelievable person in figure skating,...

    What can I say? The truth will out.
    Thanks for the clarification.

  11. #11
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    Of course in the other article discussed on that thread Tarasova goes on to say, well, in TT's heart of hearts Michelle isn't Alexei Yagudin, but still...
    Last edited by Mathman; 08-17-2005 at 02:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,527
    Let's see if these new programs can get her back in the game, now that someone who's IN the game put them together.

    As I said, I think her best bet would be to work up rather than come out strong. Not only that, but if she removes all doubt, all eyes will be back on her not only for the Olympics, but Nationals as well.

  13. #13
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    As I said, I think her best bet would be to work up rather than come out strong. Not only that, but if she removes all doubt, all eyes will be back on her not only for the Olympics, but Nationals as well.
    No, no, that's what she tried last year. She ended up not working up to anything much at all.

    Better to remove all doubt as soon as possible, especially in the eyes of the judges, who sometimes tend to give out marks based on their expectations and perceptions of whole season anyway.

    JMO.

    MM

  14. #14
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman

    Is Marci Hintzman fully recovered from her operation and ready to challenge Inoue and Baldwin and Orsher and Lucash for the best in America?

    MM
    I've heard from a very good source that Marcy Hinzmann is fully recovered and back on the ice skating better than ever!

  15. #15
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,982
    Quote Originally Posted by pairfan
    I've heard from a very good source that Marcy Hinzmann is fully recovered and back on the ice skating better than ever!
    (Sorry for the spelling mistakes -- three mistakes on one name, what will GrGranny say?!)

    MM

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •