USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA | Golden Skate

USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA

JOHIO2

Medalist
I too hope Michelle actually comes to compete, but I am really excited to get the chance to see Tiffany and Jamie with their new partners. Besides, I've never been to Atlantic City....

R.D.

Record Breaker
Didn't they "confirm" her last year, too? I'm not getting my hopes up here.

Still, assuming that the association is NOT assuming, this may be a good thing.

For now, I'll believe it when I see it. (or in this case, her!)

I want to see Dan Fang, Jenna McCorkell, Sergei Davydov, Kristofer Berntssen and of course, Kevin Vander Perren. :agree:

Will Obertas and Slavnov have a chance against Zhang and Zhang?

Is Marci Hintzman fully recovered from her operation and ready to challenge Inoue and Baldwin and Orsher and Lucash for the best in America?

These are going to be great competitions in their own right, never mind the Olympics!

MM :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
OT

MM- I have a question about your quote. Who is Tarasova speaking about?

Oh ye of little faith! Of course she's going to be there. Hasn't she been reading all the Internet postings about why she has to do the Grand Prix this year?

Red Dog said:
MM- I have a question about your quote. Who is Tarasova speaking about?
Here is the full quote, from the Tarasova thread:

“Working with Michelle was for me like a gift from God. She is an amazing person and an amazing skater. She works like crazy and she skates like a goddess.

“I hope people appreciate these new programs, because she is the most unbelievable person in figure skating,...

What can I say? The truth will out. :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Here is the full quote, from the Tarasova thread:

“Working with Michelle was for me like a gift from God. She is an amazing person and an amazing skater. She works like crazy and she skates like a goddess.

“I hope people appreciate these new programs, because she is the most unbelievable person in figure skating,...

What can I say? The truth will out. :rock:

Thanks for the clarification.

Of course in the other article discussed on that thread Tarasova goes on to say, well, in TT's heart of hearts Michelle isn't Alexei Yagudin, but still... :laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Let's see if these new programs can get her back in the game, now that someone who's IN the game put them together.

As I said, I think her best bet would be to work up rather than come out strong. Not only that, but if she removes all doubt, all eyes will be back on her not only for the Olympics, but Nationals as well.

Red Dog said:
As I said, I think her best bet would be to work up rather than come out strong. Not only that, but if she removes all doubt, all eyes will be back on her not only for the Olympics, but Nationals as well.
No, no, that's what she tried last year. She ended up not working up to anything much at all.

Better to remove all doubt as soon as possible, especially in the eyes of the judges, who sometimes tend to give out marks based on their expectations and perceptions of whole season anyway.

JMO.

MM

pairfan

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Is Marci Hintzman fully recovered from her operation and ready to challenge Inoue and Baldwin and Orsher and Lucash for the best in America?

I've heard from a very good source that Marcy Hinzmann is fully recovered and back on the ice skating better than ever! :clap: :clap:

pairfan said:
I've heard from a very good source that Marcy Hinzmann is fully recovered and back on the ice skating better than ever! :clap: :clap:
:rock: (Sorry for the spelling mistakes -- three mistakes on one name, what will GrGranny say?!)

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
No, no, that's what she tried last year. She ended up not working up to anything much at all.

Better to remove all doubt as soon as possible, especially in the eyes of the judges, who sometimes tend to give out marks based on their expectations and perceptions of whole season anyway.

JMO.

MM

But how many competitions did she do? Three? Said strategy doesn't work if you don't take enough steps up (competitions), IMO. Really, Nationals was her only real competition leading up to Worlds. Bad strategy IMO, especially in the year of a New Judging System.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Mathman said:
I want to see Dan Fang, Jenna McCorkell, Sergei Davydov, Kristofer Berntssen and of course, Kevin Vander Perren. :agree:

Will Obertas and Slavnov have a chance against Zhang and Zhang?

These are going to be great competitions in their own right, never mind the Olympics!

Just curious. Mathman, why are do you particularly want to see Jenna McCorkell? She was at Skate Canada this past year and I found her relatively unexciting. :cool:

True CDMM but Jenna does have potential. It's kinda like you know someone can do it but does not do it under fire.

Berntson should do fine if he keeps his cool; vd Perrren has that spotting style in his jumps which is unbelieveable. He' ll give the N.American boys a run. Wasn't Dan Fang out with injury last year? Davydav had his 15 minutes in DC Worlds.

Back to Kwan and the confirmation. I think she'll do this. To go to TT and not perform in competition would be an insult.

If Sasha confirms and I don't see why not plus Susanna and Bebe there, those tickets are going to make Atlantic City the hottest town after the Summer has cooled down. I wonder if Trump will have some betting on the competition in his Taj Mahal? Maybe he'll just YOU'RE FIRED to someone who melts.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Back to Kwan and the confirmation. I think she'll do this. To go to TT and not perform in competition would be an insult.
Joe

"She better be there, since I'm going to SA!" -- by Joe from another thread. I was expecting you post some here. LOL.

Back to the topic, besides it was reported in Spotlight articel that TT will come back tweaking the programs. If MK not take them to competetions, how can TT tweaking for her?