Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    No, no, that's what she tried last year. She ended up not working up to anything much at all.

Better to remove all doubt as soon as possible, especially in the eyes of the judges, who sometimes tend to give out marks based on their expectations and perceptions of whole season anyway.

JMO.

MM
    But how many competitions did she do? Three? Said strategy doesn't work if you don't take enough steps up (competitions), IMO. Really, Nationals was her only real competition leading up to Worlds. Bad strategy IMO, especially in the year of a New Judging System.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I want to see Dan Fang, Jenna McCorkell, Sergei Davydov, Kristofer Berntssen and of course, Kevin Vander Perren.

Will Obertas and Slavnov have a chance against Zhang and Zhang?

Is Marci Hintzman fully recovered from her operation and ready to challenge Inoue and Baldwin and Orsher and Lucash for the best in America?

These are going to be great competitions in their own right, never mind the Olympics!

MM
    Just curious. Mathman, why are do you particularly want to see Jenna McCorkell? She was at Skate Canada this past year and I found her relatively unexciting.

True CDMM but Jenna does have potential. It's kinda like you know someone can do it but does not do it under fire.

Berntson should do fine if he keeps his cool; vd Perrren has that spotting style in his jumps which is unbelieveable. He' ll give the N.American boys a run. Wasn't Dan Fang out with injury last year? Davydav had his 15 minutes in DC Worlds.

Back to Kwan and the confirmation. I think she'll do this. To go to TT and not perform in competition would be an insult.

If Sasha confirms and I don't see why not plus Susanna and Bebe there, those tickets are going to make Atlantic City the hottest town after the Summer has cooled down. I wonder if Trump will have some betting on the competition in his Taj Mahal? Maybe he'll just YOU'RE FIRED to someone who melts.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Back to Kwan and the confirmation. I think she'll do this. To go to TT and not perform in competition would be an insult.
    Joe
    "She better be there, since I'm going to SA!" -- by Joe from another thread. I was expecting you post some here. LOL.

Back to the topic, besides it was reported in Spotlight articel that TT will come back tweaking the programs. If MK not take them to competetions, how can TT tweaking for her?

Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Just curious. Mathman, why are do you particularly want to see Jenna McCorkell?
    I don't have any special reason. She reminds me of Carolina Kostner, in looks and carriage.

http://www.jenna-mccorkell.com/images/brit20031.jpg

Grgranny doesn't do names.

HMMMM... sounds like I have to look into getting tickets. The big project at work will be done the previous weekend, which means I'll be ready for some down time in AC.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    I've got my Tums, my Advil, my Kleenex, and a pillow to hug while I wait for news and results. I am SO ready. Let the season begin!!!

Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    If people would just use their brains, they'd know that with what happened last year, the USFS would go out of their way to make sure the confirmed skaters will definitely be there (unless of legitimate injury).

I think the fact that USFS made sure to write an article just on the confirmations just shows that they are making sure that nobody would drop out last minute just because they thought they still had time to drop.

But if you want to keep being a wet blanket for Kwan fans and convince us what a sneaky, lazy person she is, then go ahead.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa
    If people would just use their brains, they'd know that with what happened last year, the USFS would go out of their way to make sure the confirmed skaters will definitely be there (unless of legitimate injury).

I think the fact that USFS made sure to write an article just on the confirmations just shows that they are making sure that nobody would drop out last minute just because they thought they still had time to drop.

But if you want to keep being a wet blanket for Kwan fans and convince us what a sneaky, lazy person she is, then go ahead.
    Well, not necessarily. Don't they usually come out with an article around this time of year confirming the participants ANYWAY? And just because one is confirmed doesn't guarantee that one will be there (in the case of ice skating anyway). Not to mention that there are withdrawals in nearly every event. It never fails.

All that aside, yes, IMO it's partly true. The federation WOULD lose credibility (if they haven't already that is) if one skater or a few (especially if it's Kwan or Cohen again) didn't show up (again) this time. But frankly, personally unless I hear it out of Kwan's own mouth (and a quote from an interview won't cut it) that "I WILL be there", I'll believe it when I see it. Even then...

It's not about putting a "wet blanket" or whatever you fans accuse us doubters of. It's simply seeing things from our point of view. If Kwan fans want to celebrate, they certainly can, but if something happens, we'd never hear the end of it (not to mention it would be really dumb on her part).

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion only!

Down With It
    The title of this thread is IMO, very misleading. Note that they don't JUST "confirm" MK, they confirm Cohen and all the other participants. Someone just saw that MK was on the list and made the thread all about Kwan being confirmed. But in reality, it's just a list of all the confirmed participants (and yes, MK is one of them).
    Last edited by R.D.; 08-18-2005 at 01:46 AM.

But frankly, personally unless I hear it out of Kwan's own mouth (and a quote from an interview won't cut it) that "I WILL be there", I'll believe it when I see it. Even then...
    You see. It's a line like that that makes we wonder why you really doubt Kwan.

Again, I'm not saying her withdrawing isn't possible, but with what happened last season it seems fairly obvious that the USFS aren't going to take chances this time and are definitely going to make sure that they get confirmation and make sure that those who do confirm are going to be there, barring legitimate injury or sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    The title of this thread is IMO, very misleading. Note that they don't JUST "confirm" MK, they confirm Cohen and all the other participants. Someone just saw that MK was on the list and made the thread all about Kwan being confirmed. But in reality, it's just a list of all the confirmed participants (and yes, MK is one of them).
    Talk about making a big deal out of nothing, but that shouldn't surprise me.

This title just says USFS says MK is confirmed for SA...with the way some people think Kwan is, I'd say the poster who made the thread title is right on in thinking that people would be interested in Kwan confirming.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 08-18-2005 at 01:50 AM.

Down With It
    You see. It's a line like that that makes we wonder why you really doubt Kwan.
    Well, this requires a strict JMO. but anyway, after seeing her being iffy for four years now about events that aren't Nationals or Worlds (or pro-ams for that matter) natural doubt just starts to set in. It's more like I'll believe her when I actually see her on the ice there, rather than I don't want to ever see her again.

You see, I'm taking the wait-and-see approach. That's all there is to it. No mystery here.

Talk about making a big deal out of nothing
    ...hence the IMO at the beginning...:sheesh:

Well, the fact that you said you would doubt her even if she said it with her own mouth makes me think you think of her in a certain way.

Down With It
    Well, the fact that you said you would doubt her even if she said it with her own mouth makes me think you think of her in a certain way.
    Well, after all she did hint at Campbell's (although I will acknowledge that the reporter pushed her a bit) that she would be there last year, but, alas, didn't show up. So my doubts should be justified (or not...?).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast