USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA | Page 4 | Golden Skate

USFSA says MK is CONFIRMED for SA

antmanb said:
Undoubtedly Kwan sought out TT as much as TT sought out Kwan, but the job TT has been enlisted to do is to choreograph her programs for the Olympic season. Not as a coach or season long strategy advisor, as a choreographer - nothing more, nothing less. The person who would sit and plan the season with a skater would be their coach.Ant
There is no doubt that the contract has been fulfilled. I think what some fans and especially me wonder whether Oppegard, Danny, Her sister, will do anything to change it. I think TT must have given her many moves in the field and connecting steps into jumps which she isn't totally used to doing. If she is not comfortable with MIF into an element, she may just leave it out for comfortable crossovers - not good!

IMO, it is not enough to scatter elements around the ice interspersed with nothing more than forward and backward crossovers. This scenario is just not choreography. It is what divers do to show off their elements when they walk up the stairs to the platform. The difference is divers are judged soley on their elements whereas in figure skating we have these PCS to contend with.

Michelle will indeed have musicality and beautiful arms and fingers and the best line in skating but imo it is no longer enough.

I'm hoping I see TT's original choregraphy for her at Campbells, and then what the family starts doing to it for the GPs, Nats, and Olys. I'm hoping TT gets back to California for a tweaking before the Olys.

Joe

bronxgirl

Medalist
Mathman said:
To Red Dog, LOL:

The Jeremiahs moan and the Thomases doubt,
But Shelly's gonna turn the Boardwalk out!

Here she comes -- let the scoffers scoff!
A Vera Wang dress and a brand new coif!

Here she comes -- let the mockers mock it!
Got Skate America in her pocket!

Here she comes -- let the naysayers neigh!
Shelly's comin' out to kick boo-tay!

Shelly's gonna kick it in a major way. :p

Wow, another Roundboy Pete in our midst! :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
To Red Dog, LOL:

The Jeremiahs moan and the Thomases doubt,
But Shelly's gonna turn the Boardwalk out!

Here she comes -- let the scoffers scoff!
A Vera Wang dress and a brand new coif!

Here she comes -- let the mockers mock it!
Got Skate America in her pocket!

Here she comes -- let the naysayers neigh!
Shelly's comin' out to kick boo-tay!

Shelly's gonna kick it in a major way. :p

MM- from your lips to the skate gods' ears. :biggrin: :laugh: