Sasha Cohen's New Journal Entry | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's New Journal Entry

orchid

On the Ice
Although so tempting to comment on another eye-blearing Sasha update, I propose we limit our discourse to, when the time comes, she is horizontal or parallel to the ice surface.

Isn't there another folder where people can support her choice of wall coverings?

:rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
orchid said:
Although so tempting to comment on another eye-blearing Sasha update, I propose we limit our discourse to, when the time comes, she is horizontal or parallel to the ice surface.

Isn't there another folder where people can support her choice of wall coverings?

:rofl:

If someone made this comment on Kwan, the forum wouldn't even exist anymore. :laugh:

What about when Cohen actually tells us (if she does) her new programs? And then we can see how she does at Campbell's, or Skate America if she bothers to show up.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Prettiest skater

When you guys talk of "prettiest female skater" do you mean most attractive? Or most attractive on the ice?

Red Dog said:
When you guys talk of "prettiest female skater" do you mean most attractive? Or most attractive on the ice?
Well, this is a skating forum, so naturally we are talking about how pretty they look skating. Such as in these pictures of Michelle:

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/lashes/michelle-lashes.jpg

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/michellekwan/thumbs/th_michelle_kwan_editorial1.jpg

News flash just in! Michelle adds two new elements to her program:

Handstand

Swan dive

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Well, this is a skating forum, so naturally we are talking about how pretty they look skating. Such as in these pictures of Michelle:

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/michellekwan/thumbs/th_michelle_kwan_editorial1.jpg

News flash just in! Michelle adds two new elements to her program:

Handstand

Swan dive

Where'd you find those first two pics of MK? I've never seen them before.

Now, about the ice thing. It's totally subjective but here's my thought- Cohen hits some "pretty positions" while on the ice but leaves you (me) feeling cold. In other words, she's nice to look at on the ice sometimes (and not-so-nice sometimes) but that's about it. No excitement, no nothing.

Jenny- Her skating style to me is rather plain. Not too much in this department, either although at times I prefer her to Cohen.

Red Dog said:
Where'd you find those first two pics of MK? I've never seen them before.
The first picture pops up (it's the only one) when you do a Google image search on "Michelle Kwan lashes." (Doesn't everyone spend their spare time searching for Michelle Kwan lashes on the Internet?)

BTW, you too can have beautiful eyes like Michelle. You can order the eye lashes she is wearing (100% human hair!) from the Nancy Hancock Make-up Artist site for $7. (What?! You're not familiar with the NHMA site?)

These pictures were part of a photo shoot Michelle did with fashion photographer Jim Hancock for a cover story for Women's Health and Fitness magazine. (Scroll down and click on Michelle's cover on the right.)

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm/P_ID/7202

MM ;)

Last edited:
Red Dog said:
Jenny- Her skating style to me is rather plain. Not too much in this department, either although at times I prefer her to Cohen.
Like most skaters, it makes a huge difference in her impact with the audience when she hits all of her technical elements. When she goes for a triple-triple, and nails everything, she can be an exciting performer. But she often looks tentative -- even frightened on the ice.

Now she is being marketed as a "show girl" type skater. Her Chicago routine was great. But...where's the beef?

This is even more evident in COI than in competitions. Jenny is the appetizer. Michelle is the meat and potatoes.

OT -- I did a Google image search on "Michelle Kwan potatoes." No hits. But "Sasha Cohen beef" turned up this (it's Sasha with officials of the South Carolina Beef Board).

http://www.scda.state.sc.us/pressre...s/september/pressreleases/pics/photosasha.jpg

Spirit

On the Ice
Okay, I might as well come out and say it: Sasha doesn't write those entries in her journal. I do.

That's right, it's my job. ($6.93 an hour, plus an occasional candy bar and an invitation from the boss to caddy for him, which I thoroughly enjoy because he says suffering builds character, and I trust him implicitly.)

The web site is nothing more than a section of the overall marketing plan, geared primarily towards young girls. Sasha herself is far too busy riding with her biker gang, staying out every night until dawn, and then visiting with her parole officer during the day, so they hired me to write fluff pieces for all the little ice princesses out there.

And I want you to know that it's a lot harder than it seems. Furniture shopping! Lots of roses! It was all I could come up with. If she doesn't hit the ice soon and give me some real material, I'll have to write another entry next week, and I'll probably make it about Sasha's life-long goal of designing her own personal line of teddy bears.

Gotta go. The boss wants to play golf.

Spirit said:
Okay, I might as well come out and say it: Sasha doesn't write those entries in her journal. I do.

That's right, it's my job. ($6.93 an hour, plus an occasional candy bar and an invitation from the boss to caddy for him, which I thoroughly enjoy because he says suffering builds character, and I trust him implicitly.)

The web site is nothing more than a section of the overall marketing plan, geared primarily towards young girls. Sasha herself is far too busy riding with her biker gang, staying out every night until dawn, and then visiting with her parole officer during the day, so they hired me to write fluff pieces for all the little ice princesses out there.

And I want you to know that it's a lot harder than it seems. Furniture shopping! Lots of roses! It was all I could come up with. If she doesn't hit the ice soon and give me some real material, I'll have to write another entry next week, and I'll probably make it about Sasha's life-long goal of designing her own personal line of teddy bears.

Gotta go. The boss wants to play golf.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Spirit said:
...Sasha's life-long goal of designing her own personal line of teddy bears.
Here are the Nancy Kerrigan, Katarina Witt, Elvis Stojko (my fave!), Dorothy Hamill, Tara Lipinski and Scott Hamilton models.

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Holy moly - this picture is incredible! :love: Thanks for finding it!

Those pics posted above of Jenny Kirk are quite outstanding, too. She is, IMO, the most beautiful lady in skating today, followed closely by Tanith Belbin. I am being superficial and am talking about their physical beauty, not their skating.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Lucy25 said:
Holy moly - this picture is incredible! :love: Thanks for finding it! Those pics posted above of Jenny Kirk are quite outstanding, too. She is, IMO, the most beautiful lady in skating today, followed closely by Tanith Belbin. I am being superficial and am talking about their physical beauty, not their skating.
What's interesting is that Sasha Cohen and Jenny Kirk look like a couple of sexy teenagers. Although she's a year or so younger than both of them, Sarah Hughes actually looks like a sexy woman (a look I happen to prefer). Click HERE :rock:

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
So many lovely ladies, how can I decide?

If by pretty you mean looks then there is a poll here at GS, and Tanith is way ahead of Cohen. If by pretty you mean skating style then Katia, Ota, are some of the prettiest. Cohen skating style is gymnastic

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Wow, Idle! You find the best pictures! Sarah looks absolutely incredible in that red dress! :rock:

Nan

gezando said:
If you like to live dangerously, you can get a Sasha burger at Fitz's Root Beer stand ($7.49). It comes with mushrooms, swiss cheese and gravy. Or you could go for the Elvis burger with barbeque sauce and coleslaw. (Scroll down to Gormet Burgers.)

http://www.fitzsbottlingco.com/fitzsmenu.html

Better yet, go here for "Sasha's Corner" on the Burgertown site. If you click on the picture of the meatloaf on the table in front of Sasha, you will see some of her favorite recipes.

(But if you click on the picture of a diary, it's an old one.)

MM

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Those pics posted above of Jenny Kirk are quite outstanding, too. She is, IMO, the most beautiful lady in skating today, followed closely by Tanith Belbin.

I somewhat agree with this statement (although not quite).

If by pretty you mean looks then there is a poll here at GS, and Tanith is way ahead of Cohen.

Sarah looks absolutely incredible in that red dress!

Although she's a year or so younger than both of them, Sarah Hughes actually looks like a sexy woman (a look I happen to prefer). Click HERE

ITA with the above statements.

What's interesting is that Sasha Cohen and Jenny Kirk look like a couple of sexy teenagers.

However- I do NOT agree with this statement (at least about Cohen that is)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Mathman said:
If you like to live dangerously, you can get a Sasha burger at Fitz's Root Beer stand ($7.49). It comes with mushrooms, swiss cheese and gravy. Or you could go for the Elvis burger with barbeque sauce and coleslaw. (Scroll down to Gormet Burgers.)

http://www.fitzsbottlingco.com/fitzsmenu.html

Better yet, go here for "Sasha's Corner" on the Burgertown site. If you click on the picture of the meatloaf on the table in front of Sasha, you will see some of her favorite recipes.

(But if you click on the picture of a diary, it's an old one.)

MM
You find the most interesting web sites! It looks like Sasha has really short hair in that one picture; I don't remember that at all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:
You find the most interesting web sites! It looks like Sasha has really short hair in that one picture; I don't remember that at all.

She had short hair before the 2002 Olys... I think or was it the season after????

it was whenever the season was where she made a bunch of people ticked off because she skated a program with a dance ribbon ala Katia's Ribbon program.... a lot of people called her a copy-cat :scowl: