Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's New Journal Entry

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Ah, ok then. (still think Jenny's , but that's between you and me, OK? Ha, just kidding. )
    Jenny Kirk is the second prettiest girl in figure skating.

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...tionals010.jpg

The first prettiest is her sister Emily.

BTW, here is the link to Jenny's diary, which Sylvia mentions, where she talks about her living arrangements in California. (Click on "July 12, 2005")

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/j...irk/diary.html

Mathman

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Jenny Kirk is the second prettiest girl in figure skating.
    Since you told us whenever you use the word "prettiest" to describe a skater, you mean pretty skating style. Since you gushed about Cohen being the "prettiest skater" (your exact words). So what makes Kirk the second prettiest behind Cohen?? (of course you mean skating style)

The first prettiest is her sister Emily.
    Emily Kirk is not a skater, so by "prettiest" you can't possibly mean her skating style???

Of course you could confuse Emily Kirk with Emily Hughes. If you meant Emily Hughes, then you must be confusing Jenny Kirk with Sarah Hughes

Ice Angel
    Sasha is the prettiest lady skater. She has been through the major competition preparation many times and know how to get herself ready. Besides skating, Sasha also wants a happy everyday life. As fans, we really don't need to worry about how she times and arranges her training schedule. As for when she is goling to release her long program info, we have no right to force her tellling us now.

[CENTER]
    Ah, ok then. Still think Jenny's , but that's between you and me, OK?
    She's such a flirt. Click HERE and HERE and HERE and (Oh my goodness!) HERE [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Since you told us whenever you use the word "prettiest" to describe a skater, you mean pretty skating style. Since you gushed about Cohen being the "prettiest skater" (your exact words). So what makes Kirk the second prettiest behind Cohen?? (of course you mean skating style)
    So many lovely ladies, how can I decide? What I meant to say was, AP McDonough is the prettiest skater.

Custom Title
    Although so tempting to comment on another eye-blearing Sasha update, I propose we limit our discourse to, when the time comes, she is horizontal or parallel to the ice surface.

Isn't there another folder where people can support her choice of wall coverings?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER]She's such a flirt. Click HERE and HERE and HERE and (Oh my goodness!) HERE [/CENTER]
    My, my. I'll take back that comment I made earlier right about now! (Don't tell anyone else though. )

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid
    Although so tempting to comment on another eye-blearing Sasha update, I propose we limit our discourse to, when the time comes, she is horizontal or parallel to the ice surface.

Isn't there another folder where people can support her choice of wall coverings?

If someone made this comment on Kwan, the forum wouldn't even exist anymore.

What about when Cohen actually tells us (if she does) her new programs? And then we can see how she does at Campbell's, or Skate America if she bothers to show up.

Down With It

Prettiest skater

When you guys talk of "prettiest female skater" do you mean most attractive? Or most attractive on the ice?

When you guys talk of "prettiest female skater" do you mean most attractive? Or most attractive on the ice?
    Well, this is a skating forum, so naturally we are talking about how pretty they look skating. Such as in these pictures of Michelle:

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/l...lle-lashes.jpg

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/m...editorial1.jpg

News flash just in! Michelle adds two new elements to her program:

Handstand

Swan dive

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Great pictures Mathman!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Well, this is a skating forum, so naturally we are talking about how pretty they look skating. Such as in these pictures of Michelle:

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/l...lle-lashes.jpg

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/m...editorial1.jpg

News flash just in! Michelle adds two new elements to her program:

Handstand

Swan dive
    Where'd you find those first two pics of MK? I've never seen them before.

Now, about the ice thing. It's totally subjective but here's my thought- Cohen hits some "pretty positions" while on the ice but leaves you (me) feeling cold. In other words, she's nice to look at on the ice sometimes (and not-so-nice sometimes) but that's about it. No excitement, no nothing.

Jenny- Her skating style to me is rather plain. Not too much in this department, either although at times I prefer her to Cohen.

Where'd you find those first two pics of MK? I've never seen them before.
    The first picture pops up (it's the only one) when you do a Google image search on "Michelle Kwan lashes." (Doesn't everyone spend their spare time searching for Michelle Kwan lashes on the Internet?)

BTW, you too can have beautiful eyes like Michelle. You can order the eye lashes she is wearing (100% human hair!) from the Nancy Hancock Make-up Artist site for $7. (What?! You're not familiar with the NHMA site?)

These pictures were part of a photo shoot Michelle did with fashion photographer Jim Hancock for a cover story for Women's Health and Fitness magazine. (Scroll down and click on Michelle's cover on the right.)

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm/P_ID/7202

MM
    Last edited by Mathman; 08-19-2005 at 08:38 AM.

Jenny- Her skating style to me is rather plain. Not too much in this department, either although at times I prefer her to Cohen.
    Like most skaters, it makes a huge difference in her impact with the audience when she hits all of her technical elements. When she goes for a triple-triple, and nails everything, she can be an exciting performer. But she often looks tentative -- even frightened on the ice.

Now she is being marketed as a "show girl" type skater. Her Chicago routine was great. But...where's the beef?

This is even more evident in COI than in competitions. Jenny is the appetizer. Michelle is the meat and potatoes.

OT -- I did a Google image search on "Michelle Kwan potatoes." No hits. But "Sasha Cohen beef" turned up this (it's Sasha with officials of the South Carolina Beef Board).

http://www.scda.state.sc.us/pressrel...photosasha.jpg

Okay, I might as well come out and say it: Sasha doesn't write those entries in her journal. I do.

That's right, it's my job. ($6.93 an hour, plus an occasional candy bar and an invitation from the boss to caddy for him, which I thoroughly enjoy because he says suffering builds character, and I trust him implicitly.)

The web site is nothing more than a section of the overall marketing plan, geared primarily towards young girls. Sasha herself is far too busy riding with her biker gang, staying out every night until dawn, and then visiting with her parole officer during the day, so they hired me to write fluff pieces for all the little ice princesses out there.

And I want you to know that it's a lot harder than it seems. Furniture shopping! Lots of roses! It was all I could come up with. If she doesn't hit the ice soon and give me some real material, I'll have to write another entry next week, and I'll probably make it about Sasha's life-long goal of designing her own personal line of teddy bears.

Gotta go. The boss wants to play golf.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast