So You Think You Can Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance

I think Blake is already a professional dancer (?), so it is not really fair for him to be in this contest.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else think about skating watching this show. I do.

Dee

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I think Blake is already a professional dancer (?), so it is not really fair for him to be in this contest.
Mathmann some of the dancers are professional. Just because you get paid to dance doesn't make you a better dancer :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree - I think Nick and Blake are the best dancers. Nick always impresses me with his spins - I gape every time. I definitely look forward to a dance off with them.

Poor Jamile - picked for ballroom for 3 weeks and he's a hip hopper. He was great during his jive dance. His 2nd quick step was definitely better than his 1st, but he's definitely not a ballroom dancer. Loved the hip hop routine he had for his 2nd dance. I doubt Nick or Blake could have pulled it off. I voted for Jamile.

I think Craig(?) will be voted off. He's good, but not as outstanding as the remaining guys.

While watching Melody's solo, I understood what the judge was saying. She really needs to dance more - not just show how flexible she can be. The solo's are picked by the performers and choreographed by themselves.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Ryan in Foxrtrot was just painful to watch; I hope he's voted off, even though his solo was more impressive than Jamile's. I agree that Nick or Blake will probably win, though I like Artem a lot as well. Of the girls, I probably like Ashlee the best. I wasn't impressed much by either of the girls' solos - Melody just showed off her flexibility, and Destini did some excellent dramatic acting but little dancing.

On the side note, I cannot believe how bad the show's website is! I think it was made by someone with ADD for people with ADD.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ptichka said:
Destini did some excellent dramatic acting but little dancing.
I thought she was going to bop the announcer when she was finished. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Her comments, I'm good, I'm good was way out of line. No one said she wasn't good. What was with her bra showing in the back, it would have been a nicer look if she had on a full top. :rofl: :rofl:

Dee

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I am SO SICK of Ryan. He needs to go. He can't do anything but hip-hop, and while his solos in that are impressive in a physics/gymnastics sense, I'm not entirely ready to call that dancing. (And I've danced hip-hop for dance team and for recitals. It's more than just "Ooh, look, I can balance on my elbow!") I wanted to get up on stage during his Fox Trot and chase him off with a stick.

And I'd love to see Melody gone, too. Hon, okay, you can basically do a full split standing up. Whoop-te-do, now show us some dancing. Possibly I'm biased there, though, as I have to say I'm finding lyrical a rather pointless 'discipline.' Sorry, if anyone here dances that, but I really just am not getting what they're supposed to be doing. It looks like ballet without all the hard stuff crossed with pop.

Destini really needs to cool it with the face stuff, but unfortunately I don't think she'll get the chance--Melody may really just be doing stretching exercises on stage, but it looks prettier than Destini making faces and mouthing along with the lyrics. I also think she really didn't take advantage of "Bring on the Men", which is a fun song, in a sort of frantic way.

Can I dance with Artem? Pretty please? *drool* Not so much his looks, his DANCING! Okay, I'm biased as I adore ballroom, but still. His carriage! And he really gets the role of the man--dance well, but you're really there to present your partner as she dances. He dances well, and he shows off his partner beautifully. I wanna partner like that (only on skates.)

And it's a shame Jamille isn't getting INTO ballroom from this, because he has a great look for it and he's trying, even if his quickstep was kind of sad, even the second time.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
julietvalcouer said:
I am SO SICK of Ryan. He needs to go. He can't do anything but hip-hop, and while his solos in that are impressive in a physics/gymnastics sense, I'm not entirely ready to call that dancing.

Can I dance with Artem? Pretty please? *drool* Not so much his looks, his DANCING! Okay, I'm biased as I adore ballroom, but still. His carriage! And he really gets the role of the man--dance well, but you're really there to present your partner as she dances. He dances well, and he shows off his partner beautifully. I wanna partner like that (only on skates.)

I agree that Ryan does good in his element. I hope his elbow holds out. His fan base may think otherwise though.

I agree, I just love Artem's dance style. I agree he does show off his partner well whereas, Blake and Nick, I normally just watch them.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was sorry to see Artem go. I think they lost the best dancer.

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I was sorry to see Artem leave too, mainly because I would have liked to see him do something other than ballroom/ lyrical dance. I think both Blake & Nick are more versatile & I'm personally rooting for Nick to win it all. He & Melody are great together, really cute. If they plan to do this again I think they need to add a few rules, such as: cannot have same partner 2 wks. in a row & can't dance the same style of dance 2 wks. in a row.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I enjoyed watching Artem in all of his dances. I think Blake is so smug about the fact that he has appeared in videos, that everytine he is on, it's bathroom break time for me :biggrin:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I, too, am sorry to see Artem go; I think he's certainly a better dancer than Jamile.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else think that Jamile might win this?? I know it's fans but really.....Jamile over Blake??? I couldn't believe Jamile over Artem. Jamile is good at his style but the others are good at it all.

Dee

I was tired of seeing Jamal, week after week after week. The man is limited in his dancing. Take him away from hip hop and he's lost.

Artem was the most talented of the dancers. Nick has a strong technical background. Eight turns on a pirouette? WOW. He's got a high jump, too.

Joe

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
My suspicion on why Blake got cut was that his "I'm a professional blah blah blah" attitude finally came back around and bit him in the butt. Also, there's a pity/underdog factor with Jamille.

I think it's down to between Melody and Nick, and in spite of what I said earlier I'm kinda-sorta rooting for Melody. Like the one judge said, she finally got out of her Melody-zone and embraced the other styles. Shame there can't be a couple win, because she and Nick make a great time.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I was tired of seeing Jamal, week after week after week. The man is limited in his dancing. Take him away from hip hop and he's lost.
I totally agree with you Joe on this one.

Melody was very good, but Nick blew all the others out the door-that guy can dance!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
I totally agree with you Joe on this one.

Melody was very good, but Nick blew all the others out the door-that guy can dance!
ITA

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope that Nick wins. I really like watching Ashle moreso than Melody but Nick deserves to win.

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm pulling for Nick, although I wouldn't be disappointed if either Melody or Ashley made the top spot...............42

I think Ashley is a heluva good dancer, but her body is too zoftig and amercian entrepeneurs will not go for a women whose body is not thin. Melody who is also a good dancer will win on the body structure.

Joe