Price of Gas - or Should I buy a Flintstone Mobile? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Price of Gas - or Should I buy a Flintstone Mobile?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I paid $2.95 a gallon yesterday (for my Toyota Corolla). At some stations in our area (Philly), the price is $3.19 a gallon today. :eek:

$3.19 here, too. And with that, the price of gasoline adjusted for inflation just passed the previous all-time high of $2.94 (in 2005 dollars), achieved in the Reagan administration.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I just got back from CA, where the prices have been about 30-40 cents higher, historically, then in MO or NY. When I was leaving, the 93 grade was $3.05, only 15 cents higher than what I paid in NY right before I left.

Obviously, the Katrina disaster changed everything. I saw 93 go for $3.19-3.39, and one place (self-service!) was $3.69.

Yana

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
The experts are saying that the Katrinia disaster has nothing to do with it. It's just giving the gas station owners a reason to increase the price of gasoline.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
The experts are saying that the Katrinia disaster has nothing to do with it. It's just giving the gas station owners a reason to increase the price of gasoline.

We Canadians were told tonight on the news, that because the gas prices have skyrocketed in the US, we have to raise our prices accordingly to prevent Americans from coming up here and draining our tanks. So we have to pay for protection so to speak - Good one!!!!!!

tdnuva

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
We Canadians were told tonight on the news, that because the gas prices have skyrocketed in the US, we have to raise our prices accordingly to prevent Americans from coming up here and draining our tanks. So we have to pay for protection so to speak - Good one!!!!!!
Seems the companies also fear that american drivers come over to Germany. Our gas prices have reached unknown heights. Rose about 16% in the last two days. Last night I saw 1.42 EUR per litre.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Oh ya that's a good one, drive all the way to Canada to get gas!

Don't laugh, Detroiters do it all the time, LOL. :) (Windsor, Ontario, is directly South of Detroit, BTW.)

emma

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Don't laugh, Detroiters do it all the time, LOL. :) (Windsor, Ontario, is directly South of Detroit, BTW.)

Oh God, and all this time i thought it just across the river directly East...I need to get a map!

sue123

Rinkside
I filled up yesterday even though i had half a tank because my grandfather was afraid the tanks would run out. $3.14 a gallon. My sister filled up today, $3.60 a gallon, for the lowest grade. My grandfather went to the same gas station about 3 hours later, $3.40 a gallon. Remember when people complained because gas cost $1.80?

millie

Medalist
CDMM1991 said:
In Nova Scotia the prices are the highest in Canada, at 1.13, besides Montreal which is 1.14. (They did a cross-country survey on the radio this morning, I was listening in the car on the way to the rink haha)

In Newfoundland, gas prices today, we are paying 1.49 a litre, that's almost $7.90 a gallon. (Saturday). This is the highest in Canada.

Jhar55

Medalist
Flintstone moblie, that's what I called my Focus last year when I got it beacuse if seemed like it just had no power, compared to my Mustang which I lost due to a car accident (not my fault) or I'd still be driving her. Gas is starting to go down little bit last week it was 2.99 gal wnet to Nashville and it was 3.29 cost me about $48 round trip a tip for saving a bit at the pump don't let your car go empty I fill back up when it's about half it probably equals to the same amount but not a big shocker when it's half. Gas companys wanted gas over the $2 and imo we will never see it below $2 again. I can remember the good ole days when gas was .25 gal :laugh: dad sent me to get a can of gas with a $1 and I asked for $1 worth and the guy said honey your can won't hold that much :rofl: hey I was 10

JOHIO2

Medalist
Weird coincidence -- Subaru has a new ad for the Outback where it passes up SUVs powered by feet. Guess we're supposed to believe anything else is "prehistoric." Flintstones rule!

Last edited: