Price of Gas - or Should I buy a Flintstone Mobile? | Golden Skate

Price of Gas - or Should I buy a Flintstone Mobile?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't know about you folks down south, but here in good old BC the price of gas is staggering. People are starting to give up their cars and find alternative transportation. We are paying anywhere from 93.5 - 1.10 a litre - depending on where one resides. My husband and I are lucky - for now - we live between Langley and Abbotsford. Abbotsford is outside the greater Vancouver district so the tax is lower. We actually can get gas as low as 89. per litre sometimes. It's a sad day when 93 cents a litre sounds like a bargain.

When we move to New Westminster we will be paying Vancouver prices - ouch!! I guess I will be getting a bus pass.

:sheesh:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Well looks like high gas prices maybe here to stay. Perhaps you could lower the bill by driving a smaller standard automobile or buying a new hybrid. With the hybrid you pay more for the car but at least that extra money goes to the car company not some oil rich gulf state. The last I check yesterday gas here in Toronto was about $0.99 per litre.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh yes, prices are increasing a lot down here too. Now it's about $2.69 a gallon at the local pump right now. :banging:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I usually gas up with grade 93, and it is about $2.80 per gallon.

I know I have no right to complain because in Europe it's so much more expensive. To fill up Honda Civic was about $70 last X-Mas. By now it's probably $100.

We have gas efficient cars and I am sorry, I don't fill too bad for those who have huge gas guzzling SUV's.

Of course, the majority of Bush bumper stickers are on the SUV's and pick-up trucks, not on hybrids.

Yana

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It's 2.52 a gallon here. Wichita is usually a little higher. When I went to town yesterday it was 2.56 and when I came home it was 2.54. Glad I filled up Monday before it had gone up the next day. There are two stations here out on the highway and they are just about always cheaper than Wichita.

We should invade some middle eastern country and make them lower the price of oil. Oh, wait...

CDMM1991

Medalist
In Nova Scotia the prices are the highest in Canada, at 1.13, besides Montreal which is 1.14. (They did a cross-country survey on the radio this morning, I was listening in the car on the way to the rink haha)

tdnuva

On the Ice
Ahem. We are at about 1.25 per litre. EUROS!!!! And believe me - our public transport isn't cheap either.

heyang

Record Breaker
In central NJ, regular unleaded is around $2.60/gallon. It cost me $30 to get 3/4 of a tank. I just cringe when just 2 (or was it 3) summers ago gas was 90 cents/gallon. I think gas was reported at $3.09 in Westchester County of NY state earlier this week.

I have very little sympathy for most people with SUV's since most don't need cars that big. I also hate that I can't see around them, especially when I'm trying to check for oncoming traffic to make a turn and they are blocking my view to either side.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Well, horses don't require gas, but I guess you do have to feed them....uhhh, I'll get a hybrid car! I need a liscence for that...need to get one..durn it

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
We should invade some middle eastern country and make them lower the price of oil. Oh, wait...

:rofl: In an alternative universe that would be possible, that is if you would like to live to tell the tale. The most reasonable idea is to not buy any gas -> period. Then the oil company owners in the Middle East would be forced to lower the prices if they wanted any more income.

Of course that isn't possible, as the opinions and the bank accounts of the world differ greatly. This is one reason why I am holding off on a liscense until I am 21, and I am only 14.

There probably won't be any more gas left by then...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Gas is about $2.57 right now. It cost my son, who drives a late model truck, about 50 bucks to fill up his tank every week............now where did I put that bike of mine???? 42

Mathman, I choked on my tea when I read your comment.........gotta stop sipping that stuff when I'm on the computer.........42

Kara Bear

Final Flight
we have a very tiny car. . . a tiburon. it now costs $60 to fill it up. i'm moving 4 hours away to go to school next week and was expecting my boyfriend to cart me to and from school. now not so sure what we are going to do with the gas so high. taking the bus is not an option as my school in in the boonies of the woods of maine and no buses run to it. :no:

Kara Bear, will you be studying in the U.S., then? This is graduate school, right?

Mathman :)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Just chiming in - I got off "cheap" this morning for $2.65 a gallon. How sad is that?
Rave

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Kara Bear, will you be studying in the U.S., then? This is graduate school, right?

Mathman :)

Yes, I'm studying in the US and boy does that complicate everything! Just got my visa in today. . . I was cutting it close. I decided against grad school and am now going to become a history/english teacher.