Thread: U.S. international assignments update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Custom Title

0 Not allowed!

U.S. international assignments update

Many new U.S. assignments were made official as of August 17th at:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

The pair/dance assignments were made based on the results and performances at the Lake Placid Dance and Indy Pairs Challenge monitoring competitions earlier this month.

Skate America: Jamie Silverstein/Ryan O'Meara (new team) were added.

Nebelhorn Trophy: Jane Bugaeva, Tiffany Scott/Rusty Fein (new pair), Chloe Katz/Joseph Lynch (new senior pair, '05 junior bronze medalists), Loren Galler-Rabinowitz/David Mitchell and Kim Navarro/Brent Bommentre (new team) were added.

Finlandia Trophy: Alissa Czisny and Nick LaRoche -- but this event apparently has been cancelled due to low entries and so they will have to be reassigned.

Vienna Cup: Emily Hughes, Tiffany Vise/Derek Trent and Jennifer Wester/Daniil Barantsev (new team) were added.

Golden Spin of Zagreb: Katie Beriau/Joseph Gazzola and Julia Rey/Philipp Rey.

Estonia JGP: Lilly Pixley/John Salway replace Claire Davis/Nathan Miller (injured) in pairs; Jane Summersett/Elliott Pennington and Mauri Gustafson/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt were added in dance.

Montreal JGP: Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin (new pair) and Elizabeth Miosi/Sergei Ponomarev (dance) were added.

This is the 2nd JGP for these 5 teams:

Bulgaria JGP: Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates and Meryl Davis/Charlie White were added.

Croatia JGP: Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins and Kaitlin Weaver/Charles Clavey were added.

Poland JGP: Kimmerly Lauten/Augie Hill were added.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting the update Sylvia. Best of luck to all the skaters.

SkateFan4Life

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting this update, Sylvia!

Go, USA!!

0 Not allowed!
    Did Silverstein and O'meara compete at Lake Placid? How did they do?

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, Silverstein and O'Meara competed at Lake Placid. They placed first in the free dance, second in the OD, and first in the combined CDs.

Details here:
    http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/ice...esultsmain.htm

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again Sylvia for keeping us abreast of these assignments. What I don't understand is how Silverstein and O'Meara qualified for the senior GP series. Not that I am objecting. It's jus that I thought as a new team they would have to qualify in more than just the Lake Placid event.

BTW, I didn't see Manon and her partner listed. Are they in anything?

Joe

Ice Angel

0 Not allowed!
    One report felt that they should be placed 5th at Lake Placid Dance competition.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    What I don't understand is how Silverstein and O'Meara qualified for the senior GP series. Not that I am objecting. It's jus that I thought as a new team they would have to qualify in more than just the Lake Placid event.

BTW, I didn't see Manon and her partner listed. Are they in anything?
    No, Manon/Forsyth don't have an international assignment. They only competed in the Free Dance event in Lake Placid (5th place) and the senior teams that received internationals competed in all 3 phases, including OD and CD as well.

USFS, as host country, gets to fill the 3rd dance spot at Skate America with any U.S. team they want -- originally it was offered to Lang/Tchernyshev.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-19-2005 at 07:18 PM.