Thread: U.S. international assignments update

Custom Title

U.S. international assignments update

Many new U.S. assignments were made official as of August 17th at:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

The pair/dance assignments were made based on the results and performances at the Lake Placid Dance and Indy Pairs Challenge monitoring competitions earlier this month.

Skate America: Jamie Silverstein/Ryan O'Meara (new team) were added.

Nebelhorn Trophy: Jane Bugaeva, Tiffany Scott/Rusty Fein (new pair), Chloe Katz/Joseph Lynch (new senior pair, '05 junior bronze medalists), Loren Galler-Rabinowitz/David Mitchell and Kim Navarro/Brent Bommentre (new team) were added.

Finlandia Trophy: Alissa Czisny and Nick LaRoche -- but this event apparently has been cancelled due to low entries and so they will have to be reassigned.

Vienna Cup: Emily Hughes, Tiffany Vise/Derek Trent and Jennifer Wester/Daniil Barantsev (new team) were added.

Golden Spin of Zagreb: Katie Beriau/Joseph Gazzola and Julia Rey/Philipp Rey.

Estonia JGP: Lilly Pixley/John Salway replace Claire Davis/Nathan Miller (injured) in pairs; Jane Summersett/Elliott Pennington and Mauri Gustafson/Logan Giulietti-Schmitt were added in dance.

Montreal JGP: Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin (new pair) and Elizabeth Miosi/Sergei Ponomarev (dance) were added.

This is the 2nd JGP for these 5 teams:

Bulgaria JGP: Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates and Meryl Davis/Charlie White were added.

Croatia JGP: Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins and Kaitlin Weaver/Charles Clavey were added.

Poland JGP: Kimmerly Lauten/Augie Hill were added.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Thanks for posting the update Sylvia. Best of luck to all the skaters.

SkateFan4Life
    Thanks for posting this update, Sylvia!

Go, USA!!

Did Silverstein and O'meara compete at Lake Placid? How did they do?

Custom Title
    Yes, Silverstein and O'Meara competed at Lake Placid. They placed first in the free dance, second in the OD, and first in the combined CDs.

Details here:
    http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/ice...esultsmain.htm

Thanks again Sylvia for keeping us abreast of these assignments. What I don't understand is how Silverstein and O'Meara qualified for the senior GP series. Not that I am objecting. It's jus that I thought as a new team they would have to qualify in more than just the Lake Placid event.

BTW, I didn't see Manon and her partner listed. Are they in anything?

Joe

Ice Angel
    One report felt that they should be placed 5th at Lake Placid Dance competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    What I don't understand is how Silverstein and O'Meara qualified for the senior GP series. Not that I am objecting. It's jus that I thought as a new team they would have to qualify in more than just the Lake Placid event.

BTW, I didn't see Manon and her partner listed. Are they in anything?
    No, Manon/Forsyth don't have an international assignment. They only competed in the Free Dance event in Lake Placid (5th place) and the senior teams that received internationals competed in all 3 phases, including OD and CD as well.

USFS, as host country, gets to fill the 3rd dance spot at Skate America with any U.S. team they want -- originally it was offered to Lang/Tchernyshev.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-19-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks again, Sylvia. Kinda weird Manon/Forsythe not cometing in the whole competition. Must not have had an OD yet.

Joe