Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1992 Winter Olympic Photos - Kristi Yamaguchi

  1. #1
    SkateFan4Life
    Guest

    1992 Winter Olympic Photos - Kristi Yamaguchi

    Here's a link to some nice photos of Kristi Yamaguchi, the 1992 Olympic gold medalist in women's figure skating, from the IOC website.


    http://www.olympic.org/uk/athletes/h...PAR_I_ID=69421

  2. #2
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,089
    And here's an article about one of the projects that Kristi sponsrs through her Always Dream foundation. (Scroll down for a great picture of Kristi in a baseball cap.)

    http://starbulletin.com/2002/08/08/news/story11.html

  3. #3
    SkateFan4Life
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    And here's an article about one of the projects that Kristi sponsrs through her Always Dream foundation. (Scroll down for a great picture of Kristi in a baseball cap.)

    http://starbulletin.com/2002/08/08/news/story11.html

    Great article! IMHO, Kristi is truly a lovely person, both on and off the ice, and her participation in a charity such as this one just reinforces my high opinion of her.

  4. #4
    GOLDEN DREAMS RealtorGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,434
    In every photo, she is listed as "Kristine"--What's up with THAT?

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    821
    Thank You so Much Guys! Kristi was my first skating idol. She had a dream amateur carrer and a great pro career as well. She also seems to be a great person.

  6. #6
    Resident Kristi Fan purplecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    In every photo, she is listed as "Kristine"--What's up with THAT?
    I think "Kristine" is actually Kristi's full name. I've never been able to totally confirm that, but it is listed as Kristine in some books and web sites (like the Olympic site in question), but I've never heard it said from Kristi herself so I'm not positive on that one.

  7. #7
    SkateFan4Life
    Guest
    Hmmmm. I've never seen or heard Yamaguchi's first name referred to as anything but "Kristi"; however, that could be a nickname. Whatever the name, the lady is a fabulous figure skater! I loved her gold and black Olympic long program dress. Stunning!

  8. #8
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,089
    I was just certain that I had read somewhere that her full birth name was Kristine Lynette Yamaguchi. But I might be remembering this wrong. Maybe "Lynette" is her sister.

    Anyway, I can't find anything now except Kristi Tsuya Yamaguchi.

    For $1.05 (bid up recently from 70 cents) I could order her biography, Kristi Yamaguchi: Artist on Ice by Shiobhan Donohue, from Amazon, and check it out.

    Lots of performers go by their stage name so consistently that no one knows that it is not their real name. Like John Wayne = Marion Morrison, Judy Garland = Frances Gumm, etc.

    MM

  9. #9
    Resident Kristi Fan purplecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    442
    Tsuya is Kristi's middle name. Her sister's name is Lori.

    I have the Artist on Ice book. I don't believe they refer to her as Kristine in that one, but I think in Triumph on Ice (the small picture book) it is listed as Kristine. Always Dream is Kristi's own biography and I don't think she ever mentions her name as Kristine. So the mystery continues...

  10. #10
    SkateFan4Life
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecat
    Tsuya is Kristi's middle name. Her sister's name is Lori.

    I have the Artist on Ice book. I don't believe they refer to her as Kristine in that one, but I think in Triumph on Ice (the small picture book) it is listed as Kristine. Always Dream is Kristi's own biography and I don't think she ever mentions her name as Kristine. So the mystery continues...
    Well, I think that many of us do not use the first name that is shown on our birth certificate. I haven't used my "real" name once in my entire life. Even my passport has the name I've always gone by!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •