Sergei Dobrin. | Golden Skate

Sergei Dobrin.

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
I must admit he is my favorite Russian male skater today. He is so sweet, charming, handsome, and talented. I honestly don't know what else to look for in a man. What do you think his odds for a Torino berth are? I hope he does well at them Russian Nationals so he can go. The poor guy was put out there at the Worlds with alot of pressure, and skated his butt off to get Russia the second spot at the Olympics. I want him to go.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Sergei, from what I have seen, seems to be a talented guy. He skated really well at Junior when both his country-men withdrew due to illness, he earned a medal for his country. But the two Russian guys (one being Alexander Uspenski) who with-drew from Junior worlds last season were expected to have a better result then Sergei, they are definitely his competition. Since Russia can only send two men to Turino and worlds next season its going to be a dog fight for that spot. But being the realist that I am, the spot will most likely go to Andrei Griazev.
If Sergei comes with two great programs, skates his butt off at the GP Series, does really really well at Nationals, then he might have a prayer. But as it looks like it, Sergei is a young guy, just coming out of Juniors and is competing against two Russian men (Plushy, Griazev) who have proven them selfs many times over.
Russian nationals should be really exciting this year. :rock:

Kasey

Medalist
I think the odds of him getting a Torino berth are about 1 in a million, if that. There are only two Russian men going to Torino. One is pretty much assured to be Plushenko. The other slot will most likely go to either Griazev or Klimkin, who are both more experienced, and both have quads. I think from watching Russian nats and Worlds this year, Dobrin has a lot of talent, but still skates too much like a Jr. skater. That's not what Russia will be wanting to send to the Olympics.

~Rainbow~

Match Penalty
Hopefully Sergie will have a shot in 2010?!? The 2010 games are going to be wicked with Belbin & Agosto, Mao Asada, and hopefully my sweet Sergei.