U.S. Ice Dancing is looking up | Golden Skate

U.S. Ice Dancing is looking up

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
There are some interesting developments in the U.S. Ice Dancing scene. Jamie Silverstein is now paired with Ryan O'Meara, who was dumped by his partner of 2 years, Lydia Manon, who opted to skate with her boyfriend, Brandon Forsyth. Both pairs are coached by Igor Shpilband. We've got Tiffany Stiegler & Sergei Magerovskiy back and probably improving. And of course Denis & Melissa, Tanith & Ben.

How do you see this all playing out at Nationals in this all-important Olympic year? BTW, these pairs will be at Skate America:

Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, USA
Jamie Silverstein & Ryan O'Meara, USA
Tiffany Stiegler & Sergei Magerovskiy, USA

S

SkateFan4Life

RealtorGal said:
There are some interesting developments in the U.S. Ice Dancing scene. Jamie Silverstein is now paired with Ryan O'Meara, who was dumped by his partner of 2 years, Lydia Manon, who opted to skate with her boyfriend, Brandon Forsyth. Both pairs are coached by Igor Shpilband. We've got Tiffany Stiegler & Sergei Magerovskiy back and probably improving. And of course Denis & Melissa, Tanith & Ben.

How do you see this all playing out at Nationals in this all-important Olympic year? BTW, these pairs will be at Skate America:

Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, USA
Jamie Silverstein & Ryan O'Meara, USA
Tiffany Stiegler & Sergei Magerovskiy, USA

I'm excited to hear that Jamie Silverstein has an ice dance partner! I thought she had the look of a champion, and, frankly, I had expected her and her former partner to be the next US champions. Maybe this new partnership will propel her to the top.

Tiffany Stiegler has had years of pairs skating experience with her brother, and she makes a beautiful appearance on the ice. Bravo to hear that her partnership with Magerovskiy is working out well.

Of course, without Belbin and Agosto, the US doesn't have a realistic chance to medal at the Olympics. Still, the future sounds brighter than it did a short while ago.

Thanks for the update!

O'Mearer has that suave sophisticated style - beautiful head positions, great carriage, impeccable footwork, joy in his skating. He would make an excellent ballroom dancer. Jamie has always had the potential to be a top ice dancer. Together they will be a very special team.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ice Dance was the highlight of the US Nationals last year for me... it was just so exciting!!!!!

With Denis getting his citizenship earlier this year ( :rock: ) Melissa and Denis are going to probably be the press-made favorites as far as making the Olympic Team. I don't want to jinx them, but I would be surprised if they didn't go. Because they are awesome (and yes I am biased! :laugh: ).

I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany and Sergey made the team too (he is eligible, right? I haven't really seen that discussed anywhere)

but we have a bunch of really strong teams so this season is going to be worth watching! ( :rock: )

Tonichelle said:
Ice Dance was the highlight of the US Nationals last year for me... it was just so exciting!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany and Sergey made the team too (he is eligible, right? I haven't really seen that discussed anywhere)

but we have a bunch of really strong teams so this season is going to be worth watching! ( :rock: )
And we still have to see Manon and her boyfriend. Apparently, they are not bad.

Joe