Alexei Yagudin - New Photos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexei Yagudin - New Photos

Zanzibar said:
HI MM,

I've heard there is some momentum in Canada and that it could possibly get published there, in an English version. IMG has their own very powerful publishing arm, so I don't know why they haven't taken on the project. I would imagine that it would sell quite well in Canada where he is very well known.
I don't think winning an Oly gold will have the general population rushing to buy a biography of a figure skater. I think the sale is limited to fans. But, hey, let's see if it get's published and see what happens.

Joe

Dyan

On the Ice
:thumbsup:

eta:
I posted the same picture link (number 2) as CzarinaAnya.

I have to say that I'm not usually one of those who thinks Mr. Yagudin is a total dreamboat (I wouldn't place him in the same category as Peter T or John Zimmerman) but in his interviews and photos I can see why people consider him as such.

He's extremely photogenic and comes across as very down to earth and charming in his interviews.

Of course it also helps to have a great photographer as well. Wonderful pictures Kathleen.

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Thanks, but it's really easy because Alexei is incredibly photogenic. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't have a file of some pretty funny photos that only made it as far as the cutting room floor, LOL. But 99% of the time you just can't get a bad shot of him (try, try as I might... :p )

Happy to see that IFS has just put up 6 other new photos of him on the IFS website - same series, but different photos than my Epson site - here's a link to check those out too if you're interested:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/photo/2005/yagudin.html

Kelly22

Rinkside
Photos

He is so darn appealing. The close up by the pool is mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing, Kathleen.

Kelly

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Hi Valka,

To answer your question I arranged for the artist to meet Alexei. Thought his work was interesting and it would be a nice keepsake for Alexei to have a piece of art from his stay in Duluth, Minnesota. It turned out that the artist, when he found out he would be presenting his work to an Olympic skating champion, was very thrilled as he was a longtime fan of figure skating.

soogar

Record Breaker
Boy is Alexei a star.... I wish he hadn't been injured so he could defend his Olympic title :( ...

Valka

Spectator
Zanzibar said:
Hi Valka,

To answer your question I arranged for the artist to meet Alexei. Thought his work was interesting and it would be a nice keepsake for Alexei to have a piece of art from his stay in Duluth, Minnesota. It turned out that the artist, when he found out he would be presenting his work to an Olympic skating champion, was very thrilled as he was a longtime fan of figure skating.

The artist is lucky!:)
I asked the question because I'm an artist (?) too :p [drawing]. Truly it's my dream to show Alexei my works (maybe someday...:)), most of them shows something of skating or him. Figure skating is great inspiration:) (your pictures too;))

Last edited:
Hi Valka, welcome to Golden Skate! Good luck in your artistic endeavors, and I hope you get a chance to meet Alexei soon! :rock:

Do you have any of your drawings on line? Post a link! :)

Mathman

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
Zanzibar said:
Hi Valka,

Thankyou for the great pictures Zanzibar! :rock:

And I loooove the blue in the artist's picture. Would you mind posting the name of this artist? I would love to see if he has his work on-line. :yes:

sk8n_mouse

Spectator
Hola, I'm new here....

Wonderful pictures can't decide which one I love more :love:

Thanks Zanzibar :agree:

Hi Sk8n_mouse, welcome to Golden Skate. Thanks for joining us. :clap:

Zanzibar, I think your Alexei pictures have set the record for enticing new GS members to sign up!

MM ;)

Kelly22

Rinkside
Zanzibar said:
That shot is one of my favorites - and his eyes really are that blue - the photo was not enhanced even though it looks like it was.

Reminds me of the montage "I Never Saw Blue Like That Before"...one of my favorites.

Valka

Spectator
Mathman said:
Hi Valka, welcome to Golden Skate! Good luck in your artistic endeavors, and I hope you get a chance to meet Alexei soon! :rock:

Do you have any of your drawings on line? Post a link! :)

Mathman

This one
http://kovtun.w.interia.pl/yagudin/Hpim0816.jpg
was inspired by Kathleen's http://www.alexeifans.com/gallery/d...70&sessionid=c64085e9a7e11832ac72ef54c4aaf3bc :rolleye: (men's arms LOL)

Bloozywoozy - I've sent you a pm regarding your question.
I'm interested in it too:)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Zanzibar said:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar
That shot is one of my favorites - and his eyes really are that blue - the photo was not enhanced even though it looks like it was.

Kelly22 said:
Reminds me of the montage "I Never Saw Blue Like That Before"...one of my favorites.

Kathleen-Oh, I know it. I've seen enough pics of him, to know that those icy blues are his. :)

Kelly-Oooh, new favorite of mine, too. :yes: