Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alexei Yagudin - New Photos

Zanzibar, a little bit OT, but is there any buzz about a U.S. publisher picking up Alexei's book? Can't you pull some strings among your buddies in the publishing world? There are 10,000 registered members on the Alexei fan club boards -- that's a start right there!

MM
    Last edited by Mathman; 08-21-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Zanzibar, a little bit OT, but is their any buzz about a U.S. publisher picking up Alexei's book? Can't you pull some strings among your buddies in the publishing world? There are 10,000 registered members on the Alexei fan club boards -- that's a start right there!

MM

HI MM,

I've heard there is some momentum in Canada and that it could possibly get published there, in an English version. IMG has their own very powerful publishing arm, so I don't know why they haven't taken on the project. I would imagine that it would sell quite well in Canada where he is very well known.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie O
    And we can expect at least five more months of more treasures like these? Yayyyy!

Julie
    We'll get addicted soon and after Turin Olys we'll cry and beg Kathleen to continue posting new photos

Custom Title
    Thank you for posting these!

Custom Title
    A million and one thank-yous, Kathleen! These Alexei photos are superb. Honestly, I can't choose among any of them---all of them are my favorites. Of course, I'm looking forward to many more additons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    HI MM,

I've heard there is some momentum in Canada and that it could possibly get published there, in an English version. IMG has their own very powerful publishing arm, so I don't know why they haven't taken on the project. I would imagine that it would sell quite well in Canada where he is very well known.
    I don't think winning an Oly gold will have the general population rushing to buy a biography of a figure skater. I think the sale is limited to fans. But, hey, let's see if it get's published and see what happens.

Joe

Tripping on the Podium
    Thankyou for the great pictures Zanzibar!

Custom Title

eta:
    I posted the same picture link (number 2) as CzarinaAnya.

I have to say that I'm not usually one of those who thinks Mr. Yagudin is a total dreamboat (I wouldn't place him in the same category as Peter T or John Zimmerman) but in his interviews and photos I can see why people consider him as such.

He's extremely photogenic and comes across as very down to earth and charming in his interviews.

Of course it also helps to have a great photographer as well. Wonderful pictures Kathleen.
    Last edited by Dyan; 08-22-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Thanks, but it's really easy because Alexei is incredibly photogenic. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't have a file of some pretty funny photos that only made it as far as the cutting room floor, LOL. But 99% of the time you just can't get a bad shot of him (try, try as I might... )

Happy to see that IFS has just put up 6 other new photos of him on the IFS website - same series, but different photos than my Epson site - here's a link to check those out too if you're interested:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/p...5/yagudin.html

Tripping on the Podium

Photos

He is so darn appealing. The close up by the pool is mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing, Kathleen.

Kelly

Rinkside
    Hello, I'm new here

These pictures are beautiful, thanks so much but I wonder how did the artist from this picture
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...155&p=72582510
    meet Alexei? How did it happen?

Custom Title
    Hi Valka,

To answer your question I arranged for the artist to meet Alexei. Thought his work was interesting and it would be a nice keepsake for Alexei to have a piece of art from his stay in Duluth, Minnesota. It turned out that the artist, when he found out he would be presenting his work to an Olympic skating champion, was very thrilled as he was a longtime fan of figure skating.

Custom Title
    Boy is Alexei a star.... I wish he hadn't been injured so he could defend his Olympic title :( ...

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar
    Hi Valka,

To answer your question I arranged for the artist to meet Alexei. Thought his work was interesting and it would be a nice keepsake for Alexei to have a piece of art from his stay in Duluth, Minnesota. It turned out that the artist, when he found out he would be presenting his work to an Olympic skating champion, was very thrilled as he was a longtime fan of figure skating.
    The artist is lucky!
    I asked the question because I'm an artist (?) too [drawing]. Truly it's my dream to show Alexei my works (maybe someday...), most of them shows something of skating or him. Figure skating is great inspiration (your pictures too)
    Last edited by Valka; 08-23-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Hi Valka, welcome to Golden Skate! Good luck in your artistic endeavors, and I hope you get a chance to meet Alexei soon!

Do you have any of your drawings on line? Post a link!

Mathman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast