Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Skater & Pretty Positions

Thanks for compiling these, GKelly. The future of figure skating is in good hands.

And the winner is ....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/prodigion_1855_313306100

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Mathman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Czisny's got it all except for the jump consistency as MM says. I first saw her at the Atlanta Nats and thought this gal could be among the greats. Unfortunately, she can not get those jumps down in front of an audience.

If she could get 6 months with Arutunian and a good sports psychologist, she would be yet another American contender in the Ladies Division.

Joe
    Exactly what she needs, I absolutely loved her skating from last year at Skate America. I believe she can be one of the best ever if she works with Artunian.

SkateFan4Life
    Beautiful extensions and line! However, are the triples on the same level? That determines whether this skater will make it to the podium.

Medalist
    MM, who is she? I think I might have seen a short clip of her skating before.

Yes, I have I her. I just can't remember her name

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    ^^^^^I believe the young gal in that picture that Mathman posted is Caroline Zhang. She was 4th in Novice Ladies at US Nats this past year in Portland and she is adorable.. She caught my eye as one to watch when I was out there for Nats and I really hope she makes it back to Nats this year! She's got tons of talent and a great presence on the ice.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    gKelly-I love the hydroblading-spiral that Viktoria Pavuk is doing in this picture. Very innovative, and hard to do. Here

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    But you do have to hold your breath on the jumps -- more so than Sasha. MM
    Or when Michelle jumps. Never know if she's going to land them.

Dee

Medalist
    I think that goes for everyone and I mean everybody. But with Michelle and Irina they land it more often than the others.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707

Dee
    I agree with the above poster- MK and IS often are more consistent on their jumps so when they do fall it's more like "oh no" than "not again". Whereas when someone like Cohen jumps, you find yourself holding your breath cause you don't know if they'll land vertically or horizontally...

Custom Title

Want to know who Alissa is? Use this link

Ihttp://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=2270

To all, I intended this thread to discuss interesting skaters i.e Alissa. Not yet another Sahsa/iMichelle debate.

I hoped I would read constructive advise for her and so far I have, mostly.

O
    Last edited by orchid; 08-25-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707

Dee
    When Mk lands a jump, she lands them on the correct edge, nice flowing BO edge, no landing on the BI edge and eeking it to the outside edge

Quote Originally Posted by orchid
    Ihttp://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=2270

To all, I intended this thread to discuss interesting skaters i.e Alissa. Not yet another Sahsa/iMichelle debate.

I hoped I would read constructive advise for her and so far I have, mostly.

O
    Absolutely! The topic is Alissa. Let's give the Nats contender a break. The Sasha/Michelle debate has been played to death, imo.

Joe

Custom Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Absolutely! The topic is Alissa. Let's give the Nats contender a break. The Sasha/Michelle debate has been played to death, imo.

Joe
    Amen! AhAhAhmen! Would love to see more on the up and comers -- at least until we see MK & SC start skating again.

gkelly: Thanks for the photos. I know how much work that is. I did it once and vowed "Never again!" lol.

MM: Thanks for the Caroline Zhang photo. "Awww" is right!

Rgirl Still on Hiatus But Occasionally Lurking

Custom Title
    Thanks, JoeS

Medalist
    I know this thread is supposed to be about Alissa, and I do want to say something, but I can't do it without also mentioning Sasha. As high as Alissa's free leg is on her spirals, Sasha's is without a doubt better. When I first opened the link to the picture of Alissa doing the spiral my slow computer took a few seconds to load the picture and all I was looking at was her leg in the air. When the rest of the picture loaded I was expecting to see a full on side angle view of her spiral. I desperately wish her upper body and skating leg were rotated about 70º to her right, and then it would be comparable to Sasha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast