Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pretty Skater & Pretty Positions

Custom Title
    Jeff,

I appreciate this post because you have replied to my comment early in this thread.

If we have to compare spirals between Alissa and Sasha, sobeit. I said earilier, never have I seen a picture of Sasha performing this move on an edge, including photos on her site.. Regardless of whose leg is higher, spiral on an edge is more diffucult.

O
    Last edited by orchid; 08-29-2005 at 08:46 PM.

Custom Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid
    Jeff,
    I appreciate this post because you have replied to my comment early in this thread.

If we have to compare spirals between Alissa and Sasha, sobeit. I said earilier, never have I seen a picture of Sasha performing this move on an edge, including photos on her site.. Regardless of whose leg is higher, spiral on an edge is more diffucult.
    Hi Orchid,
    Remember when I said how much I appreciated your list of photos because I'd done it once and knew how hard it was? Since it keeps coming up, the list of photos I did was of some of the top skaters doing spirals so folks could compare edges. Joe pointed out that still photos are no substitute for watching the skater in action and he is absolutely right; but we do the best with what we've got right now.

Also, I made a bunch of mistakes in the categories, such as Michelle doing a forward outside edge (FOE) under Sasha's FOE category; Sasha doing a FOE under her FIE category; and so on. Scroll down past all my blabbing to find the photo links. Personally, I think Irina has the best spirals because of their speed, acceleration, depth of edge, and difficulty of position (the Beillmann). Anyway, hope you have fun!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...487#post125487
    Page 19, Post #279

Rgirl Over and Out Till Campbell's or Skate America

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3