Pretty Skater & Pretty Positions

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
But you do have to hold your breath on the jumps -- more so than Sasha. MM
Or when Michelle jumps. Never know if she's going to land them.

Dee

Crizzy

Rinkside

I think that goes for everyone and I mean everybody. But with Michelle and Irina they land it more often than the others.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:

Dee

I agree with the above poster- MK and IS often are more consistent on their jumps so when they do fall it's more like "oh no" than "not again". Whereas when someone like Cohen jumps, you find yourself holding your breath cause you don't know if they'll land vertically or horizontally...

orchid

On the Ice
Want to know who Alissa is? Use this link

Ihttp://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=2270

To all, I intended this thread to discuss interesting skaters i.e Alissa. Not yet another Sahsa/iMichelle debate.

I hoped I would read constructive advise for her and so far I have, mostly.

O

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:

Dee

When Mk lands a jump, she lands them on the correct edge, nice flowing BO edge, no landing on the BI edge and eeking it to the outside edge

orchid said:
Ihttp://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=2270

To all, I intended this thread to discuss interesting skaters i.e Alissa. Not yet another Sahsa/iMichelle debate.

I hoped I would read constructive advise for her and so far I have, mostly.

O
Absolutely! The topic is Alissa. Let's give the Nats contender a break. The Sasha/Michelle debate has been played to death, imo.

Joe

Joesitz said:
Absolutely! The topic is Alissa. Let's give the Nats contender a break. The Sasha/Michelle debate has been played to death, imo.

Joe
Amen! AhAhAhmen! :clap: Would love to see more on the up and comers -- at least until we see MK & SC start skating again. :p

gkelly: Thanks for the photos. I know how much work that is. I did it once and vowed "Never again!" lol.

MM: Thanks for the Caroline Zhang photo. "Awww" is right!

Rgirl Still on Hiatus But Occasionally Lurking

jeff goldblum

On the Ice
I know this thread is supposed to be about Alissa, and I do want to say something, but I can't do it without also mentioning Sasha. As high as Alissa's free leg is on her spirals, Sasha's is without a doubt better. When I first opened the link to the picture of Alissa doing the spiral my slow computer took a few seconds to load the picture and all I was looking at was her leg in the air. When the rest of the picture loaded I was expecting to see a full on side angle view of her spiral. I desperately wish her upper body and skating leg were rotated about 70º to her right, and then it would be comparable to Sasha.

orchid

On the Ice
Jeff,

I appreciate this post because you have replied to my comment early in this thread.

If we have to compare spirals between Alissa and Sasha, sobeit. I said earilier, never have I seen a picture of Sasha performing this move on an edge, including photos on her site.. Regardless of whose leg is higher, spiral on an edge is more diffucult.

O

Last edited:
orchid said:
Jeff,
I appreciate this post because you have replied to my comment early in this thread.

If we have to compare spirals between Alissa and Sasha, sobeit. I said earilier, never have I seen a picture of Sasha performing this move on an edge, including photos on her site.. Regardless of whose leg is higher, spiral on an edge is more diffucult.
Hi Orchid,
Remember when I said how much I appreciated your list of photos because I'd done it once and knew how hard it was? Since it keeps coming up, the list of photos I did was of some of the top skaters doing spirals so folks could compare edges. Joe pointed out that still photos are no substitute for watching the skater in action and he is absolutely right; but we do the best with what we've got right now.

Also, I made a bunch of mistakes in the categories, such as Michelle doing a forward outside edge (FOE) under Sasha's FOE category; Sasha doing a FOE under her FIE category; and so on. Scroll down past all my blabbing to find the photo links. Personally, I think Irina has the best spirals because of their speed, acceleration, depth of edge, and difficulty of position (the Beillmann). Anyway, hope you have fun!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=125487#post125487
Page 19, Post #279

Rgirl Over and Out Till Campbell's or Skate America