Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 131

Thread: Sasha's LP music

  1. #91
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Red Dog - News of Sasha really perks you up.

    She did do the quad in her very first Skate America. She actually popped it into a one turn jump and if I remember correctly, fell. She then went on to fall on another jump. The program went down hill, but she was held up.

    She managed a 3x3 in 2003 at Worlds (I think it was 2 footed). And that was the last of the high powered jumps for her.

    Let's hope Nicks has got them back if she plans to take risks.

    I don't think the removal of the listing of her LP music on USFSA is news shattering. It has nothing to do with anything important. I would not worry so much about Michelle, if I were Sasha. Her biggest competitor is in Russia.

    Anyone taking risks and successfully fufils the element will be rewarded!!!

    Joe

  2. #92
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    That MKF poster who said Cohen was practicing the quad and landing it 75% of the time is the same one who said Kwan was doing two 3/3s. With the Cohen claim, this poster has lost all credibility. At Worlds 2005, Sasha had enough problems just landing triples cleanly, and she hasn't even tried a 3/3 in competition since 2003 Worlds.

    So I think we have to take any claims by this poster with a grain of salt. Seems to me it's a case of 'Mallory King', 2005 version.

  3. #93
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    not far away
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    There is a report in MKF (the same poster) said SC landed a clean quad in her run through and she was hitting it about 75% in practice (said according to a coach at EW rink). Wow.
    IMHO it's just highy implausible.

    I'm waiting for that poster to say that SC quad is quad axel

  4. #94
    Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,021
    chuckm ... that poster did not say he saw Sasha land a quad ... he was simply repeating something someone else told him.

  5. #95
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    That MKF poster who said Cohen was practicing the quad and landing it 75% of the time is the same one who said Kwan was doing two 3/3s. With the Cohen claim, this poster has lost all credibility. At Worlds 2005, Sasha had enough problems just landing triples cleanly, and she hasn't even tried a 3/3 in competition since 2003 Worlds.

    So I think we have to take any claims by this poster with a grain of salt. Seems to me it's a case of 'Mallory King', 2005 version.
    Well I skate at a rink that isn't a high end rink, but there are a few decent skaters. I've seen no name skaters (male) land 3 axels and quads with regularity in practices but since they're no name, they probably don't land them in competition. There are a lot of skaters who can hit big elements in practice and then the element leaves them in competition.

    From what I've seen, I don't find it hard to believe that MK lands a lot of 3-3s in practice because her triple jumps are already so consistent in competition. She probably has been doing 3-3s all these years for conditioning at the very least. They probably leave her in competition because she hadn't really needed them to win so she's not committed to landing (and doing) them in competition.

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,053
    I checked the MKF post. The poster did not say s/he had seen Sasha land the quads, the way s/he has seen Michelle do two different 3/3 combinations. Instead, s/he reported:

    "Sasha aparently landed a clean quad in a run through, and has been hitting them about 75 percent of the time according to a coach there......"

    In evaluating the poster's credibility, we should distinguish between what is reported as the poster's own knowledge and what the poster admits is reported second hand knowledge.

  7. #97
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    I'm sure MK does practice 3/3s, but this poster said there were two 3/3s in her PROGRAM--that I am not so sure of now.

    It's the Cohen quad reports that make me suspicious that we're being teased again this year. Sasha hasn't seriously worked on quads since the 2001-2002 season. As recently as a year ago, a recurrence of Sasha's back injury kept her from practicing triples for more than two months. Reports of her doing so many quads that she lands 75% of them seem highly unlikely. Why would she risk injury in an Olympic year?

    Whether this poster is saying he/she saw it or just heard reports from another source, it just cast doubts on his/her veracity.
    Last edited by chuckm; 08-24-2005 at 08:46 AM.

  8. #98
    Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Whether this poster is saying he/she saw it or just heard reports from another source, it just cast doubts on his/her veracity.
    Well I guess each person has to decide for themselves how much weight to give all these reports. What might sound suspicious to one person, could sound very believable to another.

  9. #99
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,094
    Kwan doing 3/3s is entirely believable. She was doing them in practice before the last cheesefest in April. Two in her FS....maybe. But Sasha and the quad, now that is pretty far-fetched.

    According to her last journal entry dated just a week ago, Sasha was working on putting her FS together. I can't imagine her stop practicing her FS to focus on quads when Campbell's is just 6 weeks away.

  10. #100
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    There is a report in MKF (the same poster) said SC landed a clean quad in her run through and she was hitting it about 75% in practice (said according to a coach at EW rink). Wow.
    Contradict to what I was told couple of weeks before. I posted this because I thought she might make TREMONDOUS progress in two weeks. (Now I've read couple of posters at FSU, MKF, SashaFan, all of them are consistant with what I heard two weeks ago). Sorry I should've used my better judgment.

    ETA,
    MK doing 3/3s are plausible (though I have my doubt of the type of 3/3 she was reported to try). But the program contents, this is an awful 'busy' program, which contradict with what I heard so far. (not to say you should believe me. But I believe MS infinitely. She has no reason to makeup things, she don't even read/post at any FS board.)
    Last edited by mzheng; 08-24-2005 at 11:07 AM.

  11. #101
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    We're really hitting Olys time. Rumors and gossips are beginning to run amok. Nitpicking will increase substantially in the next few months. The 'WOW' factor is the audience pleaser and it subliminely gets to the judges.

    Irina has the Bielmans; Carolina has the 3x3x2s; Sasha has the fabulous extensions. These 'wow' elements may be passe by the time of the Olys.

    We do not have any factual information on what to expect at the GPs, and for some skaters the Cheesefests in Japan and the US may give us a hint. At this point in time, I see Sasha as the top skater to topple Irina, but things will change after the GPs, I am sure.

    Joe

  12. #102
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,589
    As for the reports, I'll take them with a grain of salt. Even if they are true, it's pretty unlikely it'll happen at a competition near you. Once it's time to roll, things can change in an instant.

    I also agree that MK's 3-3 is more believable than SC's quad. But who knows at this point? I'll believe it when I see it- in competition.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,094
    Sasha's 8/24 journal entry says zip about a quad. The USFS article mentions upgraded spins as some of her 'difficult' new elements.

  14. #104
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,589
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    Sasha's 8/24 journal entry says zip about a quad. The USFS article mentions upgraded spins as some of her 'difficult' new elements.
    To be fair, just because she doesn't mention it doesn't mean she isn't practicing it. I know that if she would so much as mention it in an Olympic year the press would go ballistic (remember Kimmie's 3A?)

    Of course, to balance things out, I doubt that she is planning such a move.

  15. #105
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    We're really hitting Olys time. Rumors and gossips are beginning to run amok. Nitpicking will increase substantially in the next few months. The 'WOW' factor is the audience pleaser and it subliminely gets to the judges.

    Irina has the Bielmans; Carolina has the 3x3x2s; Sasha has the fabulous extensions. These 'wow' elements may be passe by the time of the Olys.

    We do not have any factual information on what to expect at the GPs, and for some skaters the Cheesefests in Japan and the US may give us a hint. At this point in time, I see Sasha as the top skater to topple Irina, but things will change after the GPs, I am sure.

    Joe

    ITA, basically. We can only go by what we know now.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •