Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Top Skaters - What Will You Be Looking For?

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I want the skaters who love this sport more than any other, to win the olympic gold. Not just the children of the rich, whose parents didn't have to make one sacrifice to pay for lessons, boots, etc...unless one of those competitiors happens to be madly in love with skating, like I said before.

Sasha-To be able to concentrate and not get distracted. And to be able to enjoy herself, despite the nerves.

Irina-To be healthy.

Michelle-I'd like to see some different style costumes on her than we're used to seeing. Maybe, something white and flowy.

Plushenko-I would also like to see some different costumes for him. New choreography.

Johnny-Keep it up.

Lambiel-Just to keep being excited about what he doing out there. Land all his jumps, and add the quad if it's a healthy thing to do, for him.

Matt Savoie-Show everyone, epecially the judges, that he's got what it takes. I know he does.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I have really only one wish for this season. I want Michelle to have a completely happy Olympic experience. Obviously, I want her to win ... but however it works out, I want her to skate her best and be proud and happy with what she did.

And okay, I have another wish ... that somehow S&Z get to be there and compete. That would be victory enough for them at this point.

Brad - BRAVO! Good post. I particularly liked your take on interviews on "Today" They are so mamby pamby. They are almost scripted.

Kathy - Is Mao Oly eligible?

Tdnuva - Yes. I forgot about Savchenko and Szolkowy. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully they show them on TV.

Joe

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    Joe, no ... Mao cannot compete in Torino. (several ladies breathing huge sighs of relief! )

Custom Title
    I am looking for Michelle to do a great program, with the fire of "Aranjuez", choreography and a jump sequence that will show all reports to be wrong. I also want her to have a blast. If she medals, any color, that will be nice, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Brad - BRAVO! Good post. I particularly liked your take on interviews on "Today" They are so mamby pamby. They are almost scripted.

Kathy - Is Mao Oly eligible?

Tdnuva - Yes. I forgot about Savchenko and Szolkowy. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully they show them on TV.

Joe
    Yes, yes...brad grad post..mao is not eligible but I would love to see her on tv too, and how could i foget S and S??? (are W and F from canada still a pair and skating this year? if so, i wish to see them skate!).

I think everyone would like to see S&Z back again. Anyone with recent news on his condition?

I think everyhone would like to Evgeni at top form. Anyone with recent new on his condition?

Same thing with Irina. How is she holding up? and are there others who are on the serious injury list?

Joe

Custom Title
    I've heard reports on other boards that Irina is doing extremely well, and her medication has been greatly reduced. I haven't heard anything about her mom (whether she's had another transplant, etc.) and according to one doctor on an ABC fluff, the stress that triggered the problem in the beginning was a combination of Oly season stress and her mom's illness, so I'm still worried about her.

Custom Title
    Mao is not olympic eligible, but she is doing the senior grand prix. COC and Bompard I think, so we should get to see her compete against the best and also get to see her on TV.l

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I think everyhone would like to Evgeni at top form. Anyone with recent new on his condition?

Joe
    Just yesterday I translated a huuuuge interview with Plushenko and Mishin and posted it on FSU. Since I've no idea if I'm allowed to copy entire posts (even my own) from other boards, here's the link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27866

P.S. Sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes - I was in a hurry.

Go NJ Devils
    That was terrific, Shanti!

Skating Freak Barbie
    My boy Griazev to hit the quad consistantly, have better transitions in the LP, and never again look like the deer in the headlights like he did at Worlds this year!

Thank you so much, Shanti. The four parts were a good read. He's working hard and is pain free as far as the hernia is concerned. His withdrawal from the Japan and US cheesefests is understandable. He doesn't feel he is at his best right now. Apparently, though, he still sees doctors on a regular basis. Did I read that correctly?

One thing, I didn't read anything about the knee. IDo you know if thats that still a problem?

Joe

Custom Title
    Yeah, Joe, you understood everything correctly

And nothing was said about his knee ...

Custom Title
    Irina was on reduced medication last year at the start of the GP, but after the GPF, she started to get ill again and had to go back on strong dosages to keep her illness at bay. She was wheezing noticeably during Euros, and that may have been why she had such a poor FS.

I think that when Irina is relaxed and not competing, she doesn't have disease symptoms, but once she's back in competition, the stress of competition brings on the illness. Like Evgeni Plushenko, she really would be best NOT doing early-season cheesefests. The Grand Prix is stressful enough, especially in an Olympic season where the stress level is greater than in a normal season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast