Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Posters/Their Avatars

Posters/Their Avatars

There's something I've noticed. When I read someone's posts I find myself thinking of their avatar saying it. Tehe I don't know what it is, but it's like people's avatars are their way of showing their personality or something. Like everytime I read something that Joesitz says, I'm imagining in my head Dick Button saying, the same with Tonichelle and Steven Cousins, and Mathman and Yuka Sato. It's quite funny actually.

Custom Title
    I do it, too! You're not the only one!

Tripping on the Podium icedancer2's Avatar
    You are not the only one -- I do it, too -- especially that particular picture of Dick Buttons for Joesitz -- it's like he's speaking right to you!

Of course, when you see my avatar, I am hoping you all think I am just as beautiful as the wonderful Margarita Drobiazko .

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I hope people don't imagine I look like Paul Wylie!

lol! I imagine Dick Button talking, also, when Joesitz, posts. Maybe it is him...

Annie

Me, too. There's something about how Joe writes that makes me think of Dick Button - even before his current avatar.

Sorry, Mathman! I can't hear Yuka when I read your posts!

Down With It
    I thought the same exact thing. I really did use to find myself thinking of Dick everytime I read a post by Joesitz. However, now I don't really do it anymore. If it's a skater skating, I tend to "ignore" it. But if it is an off-ice picture, sometimes you can't help but think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2
    You are not the only one -- I do it, too -- especially that particular picture of Dick Buttons for Joesitz -- it's like he's speaking right to you!
    I get that vibe with Joe all the time... maybe that's why it's so easy for me to butt heads with him during the skating season on different subjects. I take my frustration out on him since he's got that Dick Button avatar

you know what's sad? I didn't even remember who I had as my avatar Sorry, Stevey!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I identify posters by their avatars. If I don't like the skaters I don't like them!! Just kidding!!! Little Monday morning humor. Really, like when I see Torville and Dean, I know it's Granny.

Dee

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Really, like when I see Torville and Dean, I know it's Granny.
    Ahem!!!!!!

Down With It
    I take my frustration out on him since he's got that Dick Button avatar

Ahem!!!!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnuva
    Ahem!!!!!!
    As I said before when I see the Torville and Dean avatar, I know it's Tdnuva and Granny!!!!

Dee

PS Tdnuva, am I off the hook???

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    As I said before when I see the Torville and Dean avatar, I know it's Tdnuva and Granny!!!!

Dee

PS Tdnuva, am I off the hook???
    I was just wondering.....

LOL at this thread! I think of Elena speaking when I read Ptichka's posts, and I still think of Rory when I read soogar's posts even though she changed her avatar to Li. I don't think of Oksana when I read Rgirl's posts, but I love that photo of Oksana caressing the ice with her cheek. I think mzheng should get an avatar of Estella Kwan, because that is who I think of when I read her posts. I also got confused by ice-dancer2's avatar. I think anya_angie used it before.

Down With It
    You know, I think I once had an Irina avatar for a short period of time back in the day That was when GS was still an ezboard

Skating Freak Barbie
    You mean Joesitz ISN'T Dick Button????

Another illusion shattered!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast