Posters/Their Avatars | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Posters/Their Avatars

I'm not Dick Button and I don't even come close to his accomplishments. :biggrin:

When we were first selecting avatars, I spotted Dick's picture and thought that would be a hoot. I think there is one Sonia Henie, too.

Joe

IDLERACER

Medalist
I am proud to say that I am the only person who posts in these forums whose skating skills are more than likely up to the standards of the person depicted in my avatar...Whoever he is. :biggrin:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Never in my life have I ever met a guy who has indicated that to be his life's ambition. You and I must run with different crowds. :scratch:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Idle,
Life mission or not, all the guys I know find big machines fascinating and if you drag one to a rink, whether to a hockey game or figure skating, they all like the idea of driving the big machine over the ice.

guinevere

Final Flight
I also always picture Joesitz as Dick Button. I don't think I feel that way about any other posters here, lol.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
I also always picture Joesitz as Dick Button. I don't think I feel that way about any other posters here, lol.

ME TOO!! Everyone else, I'm pretty much oh, nice picture, or occasionally, who is THAT?, but with Joe, I'm always picturing Dick Button. (Sorry, Joe, tho I guess it's good that you didn't go with Sonja Henie!!) :laugh:

On that note, how do you even get those to go on your posts anyway? (I know nothing about this sort of thing, the fact I can even figure out how the Submit Reply button works amazes me half the time...) Is there a van der Perren one yet? Based on the Joesitz/Dick Button thing, I certainly would have NO problem with anyone thinking I looked like Kevin van der Perren....

JC, to get an avatar, click on "Users Control Panel" in the upper left hand corner. Then click on "Edit Avatar" in the menu on the left. This will bring you to the list of avilable avatars. (There are six pages and they are a little bit slow loading.)

Click on the button below the one you want. That's it.

OR... I don't see any Kevin Van der Perrens in the avatar bank at the moment. You can submit your own and Paula will add it to the bank. Find any picture you want and email it to

[email protected]

A headshot is best because of size (60 by 60 pixels). If you do not have photoediting on your PC, Paula ( :rock: ) will crop and size it for you. Send it in jpeg or gif format.

Mathman :)

I think Ptichka looks like Elena Berezhnaya.

I think Longhorn Liz looks like Naomi Nari Nam.

MM :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Thanks, Mathman!

One of these days.... But I did a cut and paste of your post to my e-mail to remind me to take care of it; can't print it out since my printer is being borrowed at the moment and besides -- if pieces of paper stay around long enough, they just end up becoming part of the landscape anyway.....

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Thanks! I filed it and will add it to the "deal with when in mood" pile.... :biggrin:

He rather looks like he's at a murder trial, doesn't he?? Still cute, tho.