Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Those interesting photos in the ISU website...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thisthingcalledlove
    I'm kind of glad they did. I think those two pushed the sport artistically. Imagine if the big legend of the day instead of Curry, Cranston, or Cousins, had been Jan Hoffmann? While Jan was good, he really was quite wooden.
    The fans of that day certainly got outrageously rewarded. It's just that when I think of all the ho hum, what-was-his-name champions there have been, it seems a little wrong that 2 such magnificient skaters had to share the spotlight.

[CENTER]You know, it's been awhile since we've had some captioning fun around here. What do you make of THIS photo of Jenny Kirk and Evan Lysacek? It looks to me like he's trying to say, "I swear I've never seen this crazy woman with the red eyes before in my life!"[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    "...and now for dessert!"

Quote Originally Posted by thisthingcalledlove
    How about this for pre-Tarasova: http://www.yagudin.spb.ru/images/programms/banan.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLite
    That's so very creepy. (And to think people in the US made a big deal about the 68 black power salute.) I'm going to research more on him. I wonder if he ended up serving in Der Fuerher's army.
    I think the reason OIC (not just US) made a big deal of it was precisely to avoid embarassing pictures like this in the future...
    Last edited by Ptichka; 08-30-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    OMG. Now we know who the guy was in the yellow tutu who took the ice before MK at Worlds last year.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    who are the skaters in the photo wearing the drapey pink and purple silks. I hadnt seen those costumes in a long time, but I remember it vividly now. I loved them when i was a little girl. Was that abertville?

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornliz
    who are the skaters in the photo wearing the drapey pink and purple silks. I hadnt seen those costumes in a long time, but I remember it vividly now. I loved them when i was a little girl. Was that abertville?
    Yeah that was Albertville. It was Michkoutienok and Dmitriev. She played a cloud, and he played a hunter, or something like that.

SkateFan4Life
    This one interests me because of what Ernst Baier of Germany is doing during the 1936 Olympics medal ceremony...(Baier won the silver in the men's and the gold in the pairs)

Well, that was 1936, and the Winter Olympics were held in Nazi Germany. It was an omen of terrible, terrible things to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2