New Johnny Journal Entry | Golden Skate

New Johnny Journal Entry

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the link - I love reading Johnny's entries. If the "fluff piece" does turn out to be more about how a program is developed (rather than shopping and fashion and other .... well, fluff) then we might end up with a fluff piece worth watching. Since we know we are going to be stuck with fluff pieces anyway LOL!

Can't wait to see the new LP (and SP) and it's good news if he really is landing quads almost every day.

Which program (year? LP I assume?) did Irina use similar music?

It's about driving me nuts waiting for the new season.

DG

euterpe

Medalist
It's a good thing Johnny is skating at Campbell's Oct 8, or we'd have to wait until the 27th for Skate Canada (and of course we won't get to see either Campbell's or Skate Canada until at least a week or two after the events; we probably won't get to see the Japanese cheesefest at all).

I hope he lands a quad at the Japanese cheesfest on Sept 29 or Campbell's, just to set himself up for the GP.

The waiting is driving me crazy!

CDMM1991

Medalist
You'll probably be able to get his Skate Canada programs with a day or two on fsvids because CTV is usually pretty good at televising competitions same-day.

euterpe

Medalist
I don't get CTV. In the US, you have to live near the Canadian border to get it, and most of us in the US are not in that category.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
euterpe said:
I don't get CTV. In the US, you have to live near the Canadian border to get it, and most of us in the US are not in that category.

Bookmark this site. As soon as anything is televised anywhere in the world, you can get video clips shortly. http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/

I've been really enjoying that site this summer, and need to figure out a good way to reciprocate for all the great viewing pleasures I've had!!

DG

CDMM1991

Medalist
Doggygirl said:
Bookmark this site. As soon as anything is televised anywhere in the world, you can get video clips shortly. http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/

I've been really enjoying that site this summer, and need to figure out a good way to reciprocate for all the great viewing pleasures I've had!!

DG

Same for me, DG! That's what I meant euteurpe (sp?). There's lots of Canadians on fsvids that will post clips of the CTV coverage so you can see within the next day or too.

I'm also on a quest for trying to be able to help out! I've been taking so much, but don't really know how to get my videos on to my computer or anything that technical so all I can really do is repost for people when I get the chance.

R.D.

Record Breaker
That's a good forum, but I've never had the chance to check it out. I lost my old video hosting forum, but it's unlikely that I will get it back up due to time constraints. Instead, I will continue to make videos (I can now make BQ (TV broadcast quality) versions due to a new video codec I discovered last year while working on the Marshall's spring pro-am) but if anyone wants them they'll have to contact me instead. What's even worse is that I lost my vid database on my old forum...

I'm considering the POSSIBILITY of posting videos on this forum if I'm allowed to. I certainly wouldn't mind making vids available to all the good people here who don't want to register at other forums just to get vids. (Once again, this is a POSSIBILITY- no promises here)...

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
That's a good forum, but I've never had the chance to check it out. I lost my old video hosting forum, but it's unlikely that I will get it back up due to time constraints. Instead, I will continue to make videos (I can now make BQ (TV broadcast quality) versions due to a new video codec I discovered last year while working on the Marshall's spring pro-am) but if anyone wants them they'll have to contact me instead. What's even worse is that I lost my vid database on my old forum...

I'm considering the POSSIBILITY of posting videos on this forum if I'm allowed to. I certainly wouldn't mind making vids available to all the good people here who don't want to register at other forums just to get vids. (Once again, this is a POSSIBILITY- no promises here)...

Hey Red Dog, thanks for considering videos here if it's allowed. I can't even imagine how much time and disk space that involves. Let the games begin!!!

DG

Johnny is amazing!!! He covers everything about his skating with a little bit of personal life.

I really dug that piece on changing his routine because he didn't want certain elements stolen. I don't blame him.

And TT separating Johnny from Andrej. How cool is that?

YOU GO BOY!!!

Joe

Last edited:

pollyls

Rinkside
A blogger apart

I agree, I love Johnny's posts. There are always tantalizing bits of info in them that we fans would be hard pressed to learn about on our own. I love how substantive and irreverent he is. :clap:

emma

Record Breaker
I really liked this post a lot...had, as Joe pointed out, a great balance of programs, training, practice related stuff and personal...all in a quick to read few paragraphs. He's smart.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
Hey Red Dog, thanks for considering videos here if it's allowed. I can't even imagine how much time and disk space that involves. Let the games begin!!!

DG

I have a 160GB external hard drive now, so I have all my bases covered :laugh: hehe Let the games begin, ITA. :yes:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
His posts are always so interesting to read... you can tell he writes them himself, whereas I get the feeling that sasha and others may have ghost writers. He does a really good job of promoting himself, even if he isnt being "handled" by pr people for his site. Its tone is much more intune with the citizen journalism/blogger movement.

Longhornliz said:
His posts are always so interesting to read... you can tell he writes them himself, whereas I get the feeling that sasha and others may have ghost writers. He does a really good job of promoting himself, even if he isnt being "handled" by pr people for his site. Its tone is much more intune with the citizen journalism/blogger movement.
I think it's because he says a lot about everything as emma pointed out. It's not the usual 'taking one day at a time', etc.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I think it's because he says a lot about everything as emma pointed out. It's not the usual 'taking one day at a time', etc.
I think it's not just that. What I like about Johnny's posts and interviews are a sense of humor, self-criticism, and sarcasm. Sarcasm is very much a part of everyday life for most people (certainly a big component of blogosphere), and the posts totally devoid of seem sterilized.

emma

Record Breaker
pollyls said:
I agree, I love Johnny's posts. There are always tantalizing bits of info in them that we fans would be hard pressed to learn about on our own. I love how substantive and irreverent he is. :clap:

I missed this one before...he IS irreverent and that makes him so fun to read/hear....also, as Pitchka said, he is sarcastic and can self criticize/mock...I just love that about him (or his public presentation of him)...

pollyls

Rinkside
Our dear Johnny

emma said:
I missed this one before...he IS irreverent and that makes him so fun to read/hear....also, as Pitchka said, he is sarcastic and can self criticize/mock...I just love that about him (or his public presentation of him)...

Johnny actually answered my fan email after he won his first US Nationals. :love: I know he's way too busy, probably, to do things like that now but I thought it was so thoughtful and classy.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
pollyls said:
Johnny actually answered my fan email after he won his first US Nationals. :love: I know he's way too busy, probably, to do things like that now but I thought it was so thoughtful and classy.

Yes, but he is great about answering our questions in his Q & A's. He does one every month or so over on the Johnny Weir Message Board. He answered a couple of mine recently. One about his relationship with Priscilla as he transitioned from teen to adult and the other about costume design. It is neat that he takes the time to do this for us. Go Johnny. Stay healthy :clap:

Last edited: