Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sun Valley / Sasha Article

Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    OK - how many more days until Campbell's?

Campbell's will tell the story. If Michelle does 3Lz-3T-2Lo AND 3S-3Lo I will predict that Michelle will win Nationals.

Unless Sasha does her quad Sal.

Oly prediction: Fumie!

You read it here first, LOL.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Actually, no, I don't. I am probably the only figure skating fan on the planet who believes that 99% of the time the judges really do try to judge what they see, honestly and to the best of their abilities. I don't think any of these side currents matter much at all. May the best skater win!MM
    MM - 99% of the time? How do you account for the many disparate placements in competition? Chuckum's post showed judges extremely far from agreement and not even close. Would you say that some judges' best abilities are cheating or ineptness?

Joe

Joe, I just posted on the "Tarasova choreography" thread about that. In fact, I think that if you look at the actual numbers, you will see remarkable agreement among the judges, even in PCS. Check it out:

http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2005/..._FS_Scores.pdf

Yup, I just saw your post. Where did Chuckum get her information? BTW, when you were checking those scores, did you notice any judges' names?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    BTW, when you were checking those scores, did you notice any judges' names?

Custom Woman
    Actually, no, I don't. I am probably the only figure skating fan on the planet who believes that 99% of the time the judges really do try to judge what they see, honestly and to the best of their abilities. I don't think any of these side currents matter much at all. May the best skater win!
    That makes two figure skating fans on the planet given that I agree with you--almost. I would say 80-90% of the judges really do try to judge what they see, honestly and to the best of their abilities, plus accurately try to go by the COP 99% of the time.

But this is also why I agree with you that the random dropping of two judges' scores is stupid. It provides a chance for honest judges to be dropped and for the 10-20% of dishonest judges to have their scores count. Although dropping the high and low scores helps diffuse this.

Of course when it comes to ice dancing, all bets are off!

BTW, I agree Sasha looks great, especially in the strength department, which has been my big beef (ahem!) with her since the '02-03 season. That is, she had looked as if she'd lost strength since '01-02.

Now let's see if she can overcome one of my other big beefs with her: peaking too early in the season.

Ironic, IMO, that now that the 6.0 scoring is over we have about 6 ladies who could take the OGM, lol.

Rgirl

P.S. Gez: My vacation statement was (paraphrase), "I'll be on vacation from GS posting until competition starts, though with occasional lurkings and posts." How could you have missed that one in your file on me? Snap it up, girl! It's the Olympic season. You don't want to be slipping on me now!

Campbell's will tell the story. If Michelle does 3Lz-3T-2Lo AND 3S-3Lo I will predict that Michelle will win Nationals.Unless Sasha does her quad Sal.Oly prediction: Fumie!

You read it here first, LOL.MM
    And Kimmie, the teenage wonder comes up with a 3A 4T combo

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3