US Figure Skating Hires New Executive Director | Golden Skate

US Figure Skating Hires New Executive Director

Thanks for the post, PAskater. We'll see if the new guy can get along better with the USFS infastructure than the last one.

MM

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Hiring a guy from track and field to direct the USFSA is ALMOST as silly as the ISU hiring speed skating director Cinquanta to also be in charge of ISU Figure Skating. :eek:hwell:

Not necessarily. The executive director does not set policy for the organization, he just manages the nuts and bolts of everyday administration. If this guy is a good businessman with a strong background in media relations, I think that is what the position calls for. The president and the standing committees, etc., supply the expertise from the skating side.

MM

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
MM-I didn't look at the articles. Executive director is very different than president, which is what I thought it was about. Whoopsy :biggrin:

He has quite a job description. He has good sports background. He just might do something special for US figure skating. His background in TV may be promising to bring better TV to the fans.

Joe

On the other hand, United States TV coverage for track and field has pretty much disappeared, too. I had to watch the recent World Championships on CBC from Canada.

waxel

Final Flight
Speaking of US Figure Skating- I haven't been able to log onto the website in 2 days. Anyone else having problems?

waxel

Final Flight
That didn't work either. Oh wait... now the site is coming up. Must have been an aol problem- what a surprise. LOL.

Thx MM.