Update on Dreams Come True!! | Golden Skate

Update on Dreams Come True!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well, Mom's local newspaper did a big article about her and her ponies last Sunday!! Here it is translated to the web. The picture quality isn't great as it's just scanned from the actual newspaper. The text is re-typed exactly as it appeared.

I am so, so blessed to call this awesome lady my Mom. She has inspired me in countless ways over the years. And I hope I got whatever gene she carries to look that good at 73. :)

http://www.godtw.com/Mittelwest/Kimba/DorothysPonies.html

Hope this inspires some of you too.

DG

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Doggygirl-
thanks for sharing the news article. Love the pictures of Frosty (his tail is so long!) Your mom looks like she is loving it.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
On the long tail...

That's an interesting observation!! Frosty's tail is actually his real tail. In the first picture, it's not "down there" because that photo was taken at his training barn, and it's all braided up. Even though Frosty has a trainer, she takes care of his tail personsally. It actually takes a lot of time, attention and work to end up with a natural tail like that. Believe it or not, Mom told me she cut about a foot off of it before that show. While a long tail is desireable, it can get TOO long where it can get caught in the wheels of the viceroy, under his feet, etc. (I'm talking about the tail itself, not the fact that he's a show pony, hence a "cut" tail, a tail set, and how all of that part works!)

Many of the tails you see on show horses / ponies are wigs. :)

DG