Thread: The Edge Movie

The Edge Movie

Anyone seen the movie "The Edge" and if so, is it worth it to watch. I haven't heard anything about it even though it's a relatively new figure skating related move (is it Disney? not sure lol)

Do you mean "On Edge," the mock "documentary" starring Jason Alexander as "Zamboni Phil?" I haven't seen it, but IIRC it was univerally panned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206184/

Scott Hamilton is in it and Kristi Yamaguchi, Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner have cameos as skating judges.

(There was also a movie called "the Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin as two macho survivalists wrestling bears in the frozen arctic, as I recall.)

MM

PS. Cool web site, TD.

Thanks Mathman Yes that is the movie I meant :D
    PS Thanks also for the compliment on my website Glad ya like it

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Welcome to G.S. Teresa!!

That movie sounds hilarious!

Thanks Annie
    Yes, Maybe I will have to rent it one day and see for myself lol. Seems no one I talk to has actually seen it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Do you mean "On Edge," the mock "documentary" starring Jason Alexander as "Zamboni Phil?" I haven't seen it, but IIRC it was univerally panned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206184/

Scott Hamilton is in it and Kristi Yamaguchi, Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner have cameos as skating judges.

(There was also a movie called "the Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin as two macho survivalists wrestling bears in the frozen arctic, as I recall.)

MM

PS. Cool web site, TD.
    yes and that movie "The Edge" was crap!!!!

"On Edge" would be so much better if it weren't for the sexual content and the language

Peter Carruthers and Steven Cousins also make cameos in the film...

I enjoyed it, definitely for figure skating fans... otherwise the jokes go over the person's head.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    I think skating fans would find On Edge mildly amuzing, but it certainly isnt a good film. its trying really hard to be a mockumentary like This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show and the other greats by Christopher Guest.

I dont remember sexual content or adult language to speak of??

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornliz
    I think skating fans would find On Edge mildly amuzing, but it certainly isnt a good film. its trying really hard to be a mockumentary like This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show and the other greats by Christopher Guest.

I dont remember sexual content or adult language to speak of??
    F word was used a couple of times IIRC... the Tonya Harding type was sexually active....

I saw it once and if I hadn't been with my best friend and if she hadn't wanted to watch it I would have turned it off... (not that I didn't enjoy it, it was just a little much for me)