Meissner in Minnesota to promote Campbell's | Golden Skate

Meissner in Minnesota to promote Campbell's

What's interesting is that USFS sent Kimmie as the one to stir up local interest in this event. Last year they sent Michelle.

It looks like Kimmie is poised at the brink of big-time! :rock:

Mathman

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
What's interesting is that USFS sent Kimmie as the one to stir up local interest in this event. Last year they sent Michelle.

It looks like Kimmie is poised at the brink of big-time! :rock:

Mathman

Well, depending on how you look at it, that could either be a good thing or a bad thing...

millie

Medalist
It's nice to hear about what other skaters are doing. Keep up the good work Kimmie and hope all your dreams come true.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Patiently waits to see how the upper Kwan fans will react to Kimmie being geared up to become the new face of USFS and her coach being quoted as saying "Do you want their autograph, or do you want to beat them" in reference to Kwan and Cohen.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Excidra2001 said:
Patiently waits to see how the upper Kwan fans will react to Kimmie being geared up to become the new face of USFS and her coach being quoted as saying "Do you want their autograph, or do you want to beat them" in reference to Kwan and Cohen.

Here's another one who is not afraid to say she wants to win (although she implied it indirectly saying that she wanted to "beat" Kwan and Cohen). No ice princess here (although she certainly looks one).

Interesting, interesting. It just keeps getting better (or does it?!)

Lucy25

Final Flight
Excidra2001 said:

What's an "upper Kwan fan"?

JunJohn21

Rinkside
I thought Amber Corwin was the one who promoted Campbells last year? I remember Michelle promoting the winter marshalls competition.

Apparently, the Cambells people wanted the USFSA to send over a skater to St.Paul. You know Kwan and Cohen are not ones for travelling so whom do they send?

Upper, middle, and lower Kwanfans are doing fine with the push for Kimmie. After poppa Lipinsky got a plug on National TV for his daughter, this overlook of Kwan and Cohen is quite minor - although I don't really believe they were overlooked.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
JunJohn21 said:
I thought Amber Corwin was the one who promoted Campbells last year? I remember Michelle promoting the winter marshalls competition.

Come to think of it, I believe she did as well. It's a good opportunity for all the skaters to get involved, and not just Kwan and Cohen. We all have had enough of them... :cool:

...for now, anyway :laugh:

Michelle sings:

"U.S. Nats,
Well, it's no gimme!
Gotta hold off Sasha,
Now here comes Kimmie!"

Sasha sings:

"I worked and worked
And I caught Michelle!
Now here comes Kimmie
With her triple Ax-L!"

Kimmie sings:

"Check it out,
That's three and a half!
Hey, Michelle, hey Sasha,
Want my autograph?"

emma

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Michelle sings:

"U.S. Nats,
Well, it's no gimme!
Gotta hold off Sasha,
Now here comes Kimmie!"

Sasha sings:

"I worked and worked
And I caught Michelle!
Now here comes Kimmie
With her triple Ax-L!"

Kimmie sings:

"Check it out,
That's three and a half!
Want my autograph?"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock: :clap: :clap:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Michelle sings:

"U.S. Nats,
Well, it's no gimme!
Gotta hold off Sasha,
Now here comes Kimmie!"

Sasha sings:

"I worked and worked
And I caught Michelle!
Now here comes Kimmie
With her triple Ax-L!"

Kimmie sings:

"Check it out,
That's three and a half!
Want my autograph?"

That's more like it :laugh: :rock:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Anybody notice that the article mentions that she is now 5'3? That's taller than Cohen and Kwan. If she grows another two inches by February, it'll be like watching those two compete with Sarah Hughes all over again. :cool: