Skate Slovakia - ISU Press Release | Golden Skate

Skate Slovakia - ISU Press Release

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Junior Grand Prix of Bratislava, held September 1-4, 2005, in the heart of the Slovak Republic, was the first ISU Event of the season. It was also the first of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating series this year, which is comprised of eight international events plus the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. As with all ISU sanctioned International Competitions this season, the event was conducted using the ISU Judging System.

More

Yu-Na Kim is starting off with a bang. According to the article, she "creamed" the gold medal. (Must mean "claimed," LOL -- unless they are saying she skimmed the best prize off the top!)

Katy Taylor lost 6.6 points (she recieved 0.2 instead of the base value of 6.8)when she missed her triple flip / double toe combo in the short program. Sort of like Fumie at Worlds last year, this was too much to make up, even though she got third place in the long.

Just like the old judging system, it looks like "you can't win in the short program, but you can lose."

Mathman

Katie had a poor SP.

Uspenski is back and in good form, but the americans got an unexpected silver medal from Carriere. Razzano had a terrific SP but blew it in the LP.

Miller and Brubaker - I told you. I think the americans have a budding top tier Pairs for a change.

And a bronze in Dance!

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Miller and Brubaker - I told you. I think the americans have a budding top tier Pairs for a change.

Joe

Perhaps. But I guess we'll have to see, given the Staying Together rate of Pairs in this country.....