Carolina's music picks | Golden Skate

Carolina's music picks

Gabriel's Oboe!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Here is a few seconds of it (from The Mission soundtrack -- click on #3).

The most important instrument in the orchestra! He makes it sound like a Baroque trumpet in it's sweetest range!

Now if Michelle would just skate to the Mozart Oboe Concerto in C, I could die happy. (I sent it in to Lori Nichol once, but she went with the Song of the Black Swan instead, LOL.)

Mathman :)

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Gabriel's Oboe!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Here is a few seconds of it (from The Mission soundtrack -- click on #3).

Mathman :)

I love that entire soundtrack....but this in particular is just lovely.

"Now if Michelle would just skate to the Mozart Oboe Concerto in C, I could die happy. (I sent it in to Lori Nichol once, but she went with the Song of the Black Swan instead, LOL.)"

MM - You are too funny!

orchid

On the Ice
"Kurt Browning is choreographing Carolina Kostner's 2005-2006 season LP. They are currently working on it with the help of Lori Nichol in Canada. "

from the "KurtFiles" and quite old, the blurb was noted April '05'

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
orchid said:
"Kurt Browning is choreographing Carolina Kostner's 2005-2006 season LP. They are currently working on it with the help of Lori Nichol in Canada. "
That's great news -- he did a wonderful job for her with last year's Prokofiev LP.

I hope she has gotten a bit of lyricism to her skating. I see her as bouncing around doing tricks, but she's had some time to develop a style and get out of that teenybopper look.

Joe

anniemg

Rinkside
I really liked last year's LP choreography by Kurt Browning, even though Carolina doesn't really get into the music. She's not-IMO- what you call naturally graceful. And skaters like her are not easily appreciated. Irina is not naturally graceful, Sasha and Michelle are. But I have learned to accept Irina as she is, and I like her programs now. Carolina needs to let go a bit more and she'll be fine. She's a great skater, just not my style *yet*.

icenut84

Final Flight
I too am happy at the news that Kurt is doing her LP again. I loved her LP last year - I thought it was one of the most original and interesting programmes in the competition, and probably had the most choreographic content of all the LPs in the top flight. She also always has very nice, lyrical SPs - I don't understand some of the criticisms levelled at her. I think she has quite a nice style, quite different. I'd like to think she could challenge for a medal next year in Torino, but at the same time, skating at home has a history of working against her. I'm interested to see what she does, anyway.

S

SkateFan4Life

orchid said:

from the "KurtFiles" and quite old, the blurb was noted April '05'

Excellent! I'm sure Carolina will have wonderful programs, since she's working with Kurt Browning and Lori Nichol. Vivaldi's "Winter" is a wonderful piece, full of variety of emotions, moods, speed, etc. And Carolina will have the home ice advantage. She may well win an Olympic medal.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
WildRose said:
Carolina will be appearing in Kurt Browning's "Gotta Skate" special this fall. The show is being held on October 18 in Toronto, and will air on Dec 18 on NBC.

http://kurtfiles.com/events/gottaskate05.php

Yes. She's not listed as participant but she told me she will be there.

I'm biased so I won't reply some comments of this thread. Anyway this yr programs have nth of the teenybooper look (I suppose this is mostly because of last yr lp??? imo that was lovely and fit her the best... again I-M-O), not from what I've seen at least. She's always been elegant and graceful to me but she's improving more and more.