The Cutting Edge 2! | Golden Skate

The Cutting Edge 2!

ks777

Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463953/

The IMDB(movie database) says that a sequel to "The Cutting Edge", is in the filming process at the moment. Moira Kelly, makes a return, but not D.B. Sweeney, sadly.

Annie

loved that movie!! I couldn't tell Moira Kelly and the girl from the King of Queens show apart!! is that just me? who is replacing DB sweeney?

heyang

Record Breaker
Based upon the IMDB, Scott Thompson Baker is playing the Douglass Dorsey role.

Since 'Jackie Dorsey' is being played by Christy Carlson Romano, I'm going to the guess that the plot involved Kate and Doug's daughter being a skater. Also, it seems as thought the characters of Kate and Doug are not feature characters since they are listed as 'rest of cast listed alphabetically'.

Oksana B has a small role, too as a TV personality.

I'll probably see it as a matinee or wait for DVD. I think a Winter Oly year is the only chance the movie has....

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
heyang said:
I think a Winter Oly year is the only chance the movie has....

Yeah, you're probably right. Didn't even occur to me! :)

It really hasn't been long enough for the "Dorsey's" to have a daughter as old as Christy, BUT it is the movies, so we'll just pretend that that much time has passed already. Hey, maybe they adopted an older child....i dunno...lol :)

honey827

Spectator
It sounds like it could be fun. I read that Amber Corwin was the skating double for CCR.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
I'm sure it will be awful just like the first one. It would be easy to improve over the first one though. It could hardly be worse Cutting Edge 1 had lousy and unrealistic script, awful attempts at acting by everybody, no chemistry between the romantic leads, boring unrealistic and choppy skating sequences etc. It was made for the preteen crowd. Will we ever see a skating movie for adults? Plot, writing, acting, theme interesting and thought provoking? Not likely in this lifetime.Sigh

Longhornliz

Final Flight
mmscfdcsu said:
I'm sure it will be awful just like the first one.

This was one of my favorite movies when I was growing up... I think it was targeted towards little kids. Because as an adult I laugh at the plot. (Still love it)

brad640

On the Ice
DB Sweeney was in a Lifetime movie on Monday called Speak where he was the father of a girl who was raped. He did not have much of a part, but it was a good movie.

Joesitz said:
Do these movies make money; lose money or break even?
I don't know how much it costs to make movies like this, but Cutting Edge grossed $4,478,918 in its opening weekend in 1992 (17.8% of the total box office), and grossed $25,105,517 overall in it's first run.

(Spiderman: $144 million opening weekend and $821 million in all.)

MM

heyang

Record Breaker
Cutting Edge is a chick flick on ice. Plain and simple. It's not a movie about skating. It's a movie I like to rewatch when I want something light and mild.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I don't know how much it costs to make movies like this, but Cutting Edge grossed $4,478,918 in its opening weekend in 1992 (17.8% of the total box office), and grossed $25,105,517 overall in it's first run.

(Spiderman: $144 million opening weekend and $821 million in all.)

MM
But how much did it make in video sales?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
mmscfdcsu said:
Will we ever see a skating movie for adults? Plot, writing, acting, theme interesting and thought provoking? Not likely in this lifetime.Sigh

I teach literature, where I get plenty of interesting and thought provoking themes. Sometimes, I just want to watch some cheese.

:)

icy fresh

On the Ice
I can't wait to see this! I love the Cutting Edge and it's neat that they're making a sequel. I always wanted to know for sure if Kate and Doug got married, so now I know that they did! Does anyone know the release date?

S

SkateFan4Life

What I want to know is -- did Kate and Doug ever again perform that terrific "Pamchenko" bounce spin?? That looked like an absolutely impossible move to make, and very dangerous, too.

I really enjoyed "The Cutting Edge", and every year or so I flip my tape into my VCR and play it. Sure, the plot is thin, sure the acting isn't Oscar-class, but what the heck - we can't always read Shakespeare, and we can't always watch Masterpice Theatre. Let's hear it for the fluff stuff!! :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
I was just guessing that Kate & Doug got married. However, they could have split and Kate becomes the coach of Doug's daughter with someone else. I guess we still have to wait for the movie.... :laugh:

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
This other Dorsey: could be a sister or niece or cousin or something as well could she not? As far as I know the plot is still unknown