New Tim Goebel journal entry | Golden Skate

New Tim Goebel journal entry

Tim should do well this year. He's been through a lot that most of us do not understand. I was there in Atlanta and he had his problems which were more magnified than need be because the fans had expected so much more. It was a sad skate for everyone. The cheesefests did not show much better. Portland showed a ray of hope but he could not hold on to it in Moscow.

He's up against some very talented and determined men in the US to qualify for Torino.

It should be the most interesting Nats if all the men skate their best in years. Better, I think than the Ladies where only one is expected to win a third spot.

Joe

S

SkateFan4Life

Thanks for posting this update on Tim. I certainly wish him the best, and I hope he skates the programs of his life at Nationals, the Olympics, and Worlds.

In my opinion, Timothy Goebel is a true gentlemen, a gracious competitor, and the possessor of an awesome arsenal of quads. I just hope he has developed the presentation side of his skating so that he's a more all-around skater.

Good luck, Tim! Go for it. :clap:

pollyls

Rinkside
I also saw something wonderful in his performance at Nats this year. I really, really liked his short program choreography, and I was impressed with how he skated in the midst of all that emotional turmoil. He seems like such a classy human being, and very thoughtful too, on top of being an amazing athlete. I hope the judges are willing to give him the marks, when he pulls it all together!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
While he has never been a favorite of mine, I would love to see him go to Torino. If the US team is Johnny - Evan - Tim, it will present three entirely different faces of American skating, and I like that idea a lot.

Kuchana

On the Ice
I would also like to see him have a successful season, culminating to Turino of course. Even though his skating doesn't draw me in as much as the other male skaters, I admire him because of the person that he is.

havanamesa1

Rinkside
Glad to know that he feels 100% satisfied with his program after his fine-tuning sessions with Tatiana, and that their goal is to get all level 4s. Should be exciting to see all his quads back!