Ilia Kulik and Ekaterina Gordeeva added to the Harvard show lineup | Golden Skate

Ilia Kulik and Ekaterina Gordeeva added to the Harvard show lineup

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I saw the info and this link on FSU

http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~ewc/skaters.htm

for the latest skater lineup of the 2005 annual Harvard benefit show "An Evening With Champions" at Bright Hockey Center, Allston, MA on Oct. 14-15:

Host: Paul Wylie

Men
Ilia Kulik
Johnny Weir
Steven Cousins
Ryan Bradley
Ryan Jahnke
Jordan Wilson
Matthew Savoie

Women
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Kimmie Meissner (Saturday only)
Jennifer Robinson
Alissa Csizny

Pairs
Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin (Saturday only)
Oleg Protopopov and Ludmilla Protopopov
Marcy Hinzmann and Aaron Parchem (Friday only)
Julia Vlassov and Drew Meekins

Dance
Loren Galler-Rabinowitz and David Mitchell
Morgan Matthews and Maxim Zavozin
Tiffany Stiegler and Sergei Magerovskiy

Syncronized skating
The Haydenettes

Novelty Acts
Act I of Boston
Kelly Smith

Last edited:
There are many of those skaters I would like to see, some for the first time.

Questions: Will it be on TV?

How many days is it? if Kimmie is on Saturday only?

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thanks you for posting! I'll definitely try to be there.

Chele615

Rinkside
I'm most likely going...just have to figure out if I want to go Friday or Saturday. Decisions decisions ;)

76olympics

On the Ice
Wow, the Protopopovs! That will be a great night of skating. Someone will have to report for those of us below the Mason-Dixon line (way below!).

lulu

Final Flight
The Protopopovs have done the Evening w/ Champions show for what seems like forever. And they can still bring crowds to their feet. :rock:

icedancer2

Rinkside
Wow -- this cast may make me want to go for a visit to my long-lost Boston...

Ilia, Johnny and Matt Savoie in one show...

:love:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Okay, I skipped SOI in Manchester last year, but this...oooooh. Tempted. Sorely, sorely tempted. Boston isn't THAT far.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I emailed CN8 and got the following answer very quickly indeed:

> "An Evening with Champions" is scheduled to air on CN8 Sunday, October 23rd at 9pm and will be replayed on Saturday, October 29th at 6:30pm.

You can watch CN8 on your computer by logging onto www.cn8.tv and selecting "CN8 LIVE!" (We recommend a high speed internet connection such as a cable modem or DSL for best viewing.) >

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Jaana said:
I emailed CN8 and got the following answer very quickly indeed:

> "An Evening with Champions" is scheduled to air on CN8 Sunday, October 23rd at 9pm and will be replayed on Saturday, October 29th at 6:30pm.

You can watch CN8 on your computer by logging onto www.cn8.tv and selecting "CN8 LIVE!" (We recommend a high speed internet connection such as a cable modem or DSL for best viewing.) >

I got the same message. Derrrr...at the moment, I don't have DSL.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Yippeeee! I just knew there was a reason to pay for a dsl. Thanks to my son's boredom this summer, I can now watch streaming video and this sounds like a good place to take advantage of it to see some skating!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
CN8 also mentioned that New England web feed has been experiencing technical difficulties, and recommended for me to use the Mid Atlantic site instead. Yes, that site seems to be working just great for Finland. WOW, isn´t the technic soooo wonderful these days!!!

Last edited:

Jill

On the Ice
This show is usually broadcast on PBS, and it's always been one of my favorites.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Will it be broadcast this year? I know that PBS in So. Calif. has not shown it for years.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
PBS does not show it any more. I emailed them last year and they said someone else took it over but didn't say who. They haven't shown it for at least three years. I think four, more likely. I have not found any site for it. They had been showing two hours but the last few times, only one hour.

tripleflutz

On the Ice
I ordered tickets a couple of weeks ago, and I got the package that includes the after party. Now its with Katia too, wow, I can't wait!!!

tripleflutz