SkaterBrett

Rinkside
SkateToday and Figure Skaters Online
presents a chat night with
2005 U.S. National Champion
Johnny Weir
Sunday, September 18th, 2005
8:00pm ET // 5:00pm PT

Please register with SkateToday Forum before chatting. Registrations will close 30 minutes prior to the chat.

Log into the chat room by following Chat Room links in the Skate Today forum http://www.skatetoday.com/forum/

HAPPY CHATTING!!!!!!! See you there!!

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link...little hard to read though.

Joe, you may have your wish: if I read correctly, Weir says he'll have a quad toe in short and long program.

He also mentioned that he does not do full run throughs...anyway know something about the philosophy of training...to do or not to do run throughs (up side and down side to it, why do it, why not, etc.)?

There was also something about would you be interested in ice dance...i didn't see the reply, but saw that he said he would skate pairs with Sasha (not that he IS going to) and they would kick a** (his word)....Now, I believe it too, they could be a beautiful pairs team...

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
emma said:
He also mentioned that he does not do full run throughs...anyway know something about the philosophy of training...to do or not to do run throughs (up side and down side to it, why do it, why not, etc.)?
Many Russian skaters and teams have said that full run-throughs are not part of their training. Weir may have adopted this from Tarasova.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
emma said:

I love Johnny's skating, but did notice last year that he often had little stumbles (footwork, or that triple jump) at the end of his program. Fatigue from not doing full run throughs? Possibly. I know in my own little skating world, if I don't do full runs I am a mess by the end of the program.