Conspiracy theory... | Golden Skate

Conspiracy theory...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
It has taken me three and a half years, but I have finally figured out the SLC scaking scandal(s). It was really AntonGate!!! Why? Well, there were two skating scandals at SLC. One awarded the gold to Anton Sikhuralidze; the other, in speed skating, awarded it to Apolo Anton Ohno. Coincidence? I think not... ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

Ptichka said:
It has taken me three and a half years, but I have finally figured out the SLC scaking scandal(s). It was really AntonGate!!! Why? Well, there were two skating scandals at SLC. One awarded the gold to Anton Sikhuralidze; the other, in speed skating, awarded it to Apolo Anton Ohno. Coincidence? I think not... ;)

Naahhh....don't blame the athletes. They were the innocent parties in all of this. Some people blame Anton and Elena for the pairs scandal, and that is absolutely wrong. They had nothing to do with the whole mess. Apolo Ohno just skated his heart out around the oval - he didn't rig the time or in any way finagle things so that he would win a gold medal.

Let's leave the athletes out of it.

CDMM1991

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
Naahhh....don't blame the athletes. They were the innocent parties in all of this. Some people blame Anton and Elena for the pairs scandal, and that is absolutely wrong. They had nothing to do with the whole mess. Apolo Ohno just skated his heart out around the oval - he didn't rig the time or in any way finagle things so that he would win a gold medal.

Let's leave the athletes out of it.

I think Ptichka was just joking around. I don't think she was making a serious accusation of either of the athletes. Just some fun pre-season sillyness:p

CDMM1991

Medalist
woops looks like lulu beat me to it ... looks like i shouldn't have gone to the washroom before i posted :p

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Absolutely! I just thought AntonGate sounded pretty funny. It's more of a joke on all of the conspiracy theories around the scandal(s).

JOHIO2

Medalist
Ptichka,
I thought it was funny. Maybe only the "coolest" of us fans would get it! :cool: After all, both sports take place in ice rinks. ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

JOHIO2 said:
Ptichka,
I thought it was funny. Maybe only the "coolest" of us fans would get it! :cool: After all, both sports take place in ice rinks. ;)

Give me a break, guys. I'm one of the "coolest" skating fans out there. Sure, I got Ptichka's little joke, and, sure it was amusing to an extent. I just don't like to see any reference - even in jest - that Elena and Anton could in any way be responsible for the fiasco at Salt Lake. OK, enough preaching from my end.

Enjoy your joke! :biggrin:

Vash01

Medalist
I don't find it funny. Elena and Anton have been maligned enough in this part of the world. They don't need this and they don't deserve jokes at their expense either.

Vash