The Olympic Theme Is... | Golden Skate

The Olympic Theme Is...

Meisje24

Rinkside
Then it's good to know there is an English button at the top of the page ;)

I was in Torino in January for Euro's and they already had lots of Olympic merchandise for sale. The mascottes really are very cute :agree:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
"Passion lives here" -- Hmm. I'm picturing couples making out in the seats looking like various covers from romance novels while the Ladies Short Program is going on or something....... :laugh: :laugh:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I found the button.

I was looking around the gift shop area, and there is no beret this time. I wanted the SLC beret in 2002, but didn't get it. They do have some gorgeous ladies sweaters, though.
6334.gif

anya_angie

Final Flight
I can't wait to hear the new theme John Williams (or whoever got the job, most likely Williams) composes! Call of the Champions was exhilirating! I don't know if John is doing the Games again though, with all he's done this year I'd be surprised if he had time (Star Wars Ep. III, War of the Worlds, Memoirs of a Geisha, Munich)! I wouldn't be surprised if he does not compose the new theme, but wouldn't be surprised if he does either LOL!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
"Passion lives here..." I'm relieved. "Lighting the fire within" proved to be quite painful.
:biggrin:
Rave

S

SkateFan4Life

Ravyn Rant said:
"Passion lives here..." I'm relieved. "Lighting the fire within" proved to be quite painful.
:biggrin:
Rave

Are you going to write lyrics for this, too, Ravyn? We're waiting to read another set of lyrics from you! :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
One of our newspaper reporters thought the Torino Olympic symbol is pretty lame, she says:

Article: "Going for Broke" (Province Newspaper)

"The Olympic Games with the worst mascots tend to be the ones with the biggest financial losses. If that't the case, expect Turin to file for bankrupcy."

I hate to think what that means for the 2010 games here in Vancouver/Whistler. Our Olympic symbol is not much better!!!!!:laugh:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/en/OrganizingCommittee/FAQs/74_0601261048-396

http://www.marketingblurb.com/2006/01/olympic_mascot_disaster.html

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
Are you going to write lyrics for this, too, Ravyn? We're waiting to read another set of lyrics from you! :biggrin:

Let's see if the opening ceremonies provide any inspiration. ;)
xoxo
Rave