Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amazing Race

ooh Another team I really liked was Paul and Amie. Anyone remember them?

Was Amie the one who swore a lot - in the same race with Chuck & Millie who were the virgins after dating for 12 years. That was the same race as Chip/Reichen (who are now divorced) and Jon & Kelly.

My favorite teams have been AL & Jon (the clowns), Ken & Gerard (the brothers who could laugh at themselves and weren't judgmental about the other teams - 3rd place), Danny & Oswald (5th or 6th place?), Kris & John (Phil noted that they were the kissiest couple ever on AR - 2nd place) and Amber/Rob (of Survivor fame - 2nd place). I also liked Colin & Christie (2nd place) even though they fought a lot. A lot of people perceived him as being abusive, but there were many times where he showed great appreciation for her and there were also occasions where she showed herself as being able to 'give it back' to him. No favorite couple from season 1 - I didn't watch much the 1st season and watching the reruns on GSN, none of the teams was overly compelling.

Teams I really did not want to win because at least 1/2 the team was annoying:

Jonathon & Victoria - he verbally abused her and shoved her when they came in 2nd at a pit stop. She was somewhat whiny, but didn't deserve abuse. They later appeared on a Dr Phil special where they denied any problems. Didn't even make the final 5 teams.

Freddy & Kendra - she was a princess who couldn't appreciate the simple beauty of a child's smile. At one point in Africa, she said 'they're dirty and smelly and keep on breeding'. They won ar6.

Flo & Zach - he deserved the entire prize for putting up with her whining and quitting. Her only excuse was that she was tired and too young to be mature. Also, won.

Yes I liked Kris and John alot as well and also Brandon and Nikki

That's great can't wait to get it. I never saw the 1st season, and it will be fun watching them all over again.
    Right now I am watching the re-runs of Surivor most I never watched but can now enjoy. It's on the Outdoor Channel Monday - Thursday 6 central and re-runs again at 9 central. tight now their on season 3, Africa

I wasn't a fan of Brandon & Nikki's. Most of his clips had him talking about putting his trust in the Lord. I also found him to be hypocritical about not wanting to deny his principals (when he decided over Nikkis' protest that they would block 5 shots instead of drinking 1 shot of vodka) and then he fib to another team (he told another team they would go on the same flight and then changed to another flight - nothing wrong with that in this race, but he did go against his word - I would've respected him more if he had at least told one team that they were going on their own or if he never said the original statement.) He also didn't seem to respect Nikki when she expressed her opinions.

A couple of my favorite Amazing Racers are Blake and Paige from season 2 and Uchenna and Joyce from the last one.

Teams I couldn't stand are the Guidos from season 1, Will and Tara from season 2, Colin and Christie from season 5?, Jon and Victoria from season 6? and Rob and Amber from season 7.

My favorite pair were Kevin & Drew from AR 1. They were the ones who hooked me on the show. The 1st season is now out of DVD, retail:$38.99. After K & D, it has to be Rob & Amber, and Charla & Mirna. The current 10 teams are featured in the 9/25-10/1 issue of TV Guide. Photos, names, ages, background. One interesting note is that the Schroeder family lost their home in New Orleans. After moving about a bit they are currently residing with the Rogers family who will be in this race, too.

Well the much awaited show was on last night. The kids did better than I thought only one complained couple of time. That family from the Bronks? OMG if that was my mother she'd be sitting on the curb, and the kids and dad wasn't much better with the fighting. part of the show I guess. So far there keeping them in the US and it couldn't have been tape to long ago once they showed a gas station and regular was $2.69? Loved the Hot Dog vendors and their coments on the familys.

Custom Title
    The "hot dog vendors" were Kevin and Drew. I think only one family recognized them and made a comment.

I wish the Black family hadn't been eliminated so quickly. I just thought it was funny that the family is black and is named Black. If you're talking about the show to someone who hasn't watched, they wouldn't neccessarily know if you were talking about a black family or the Black Family. I wonder what Phil thought about having to call the black family the Black family.

I thought the other family with little kids was annoying (at least the kids) and the team of sisters because they were shrieking too much.

It was scary when the Mom got run over by the buggy. One of the reasons they went on the show was to try to become closer after losing the father in an accident. I'm sure seeing their Mom get run over was enough to make the kids appreciate her more.

The family from the Bronx was annoying as well.

Don't have a favorite team, yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2