Changing the Title of a Thread? | Golden Skate

Changing the Title of a Thread?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Why is it that on this forum we can't change or make modifications to the title of threads we start? On basically every other forum I've been a member of, you can do this. Any particular reason why?

(This question comes up after trying to update the title of the Sarah skatefest thread with "Now with new USFS article.")

I think the idea is that once other people have responded, the thread no longer belongs to the person who started it. It belongs to everyone, so no one person can take the thread in a new direction by changing the title.

You can request (either on the board or by PM) that the moderators change the title. The moderators do edit titles occasionally to correct spelling errors or to clarify the topic (sometimes people start threads with titles like, "Here's something interesting," which do not convey the topic).

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I suppose that aspect of it makes sense. But of course, there will always be that issue of when you make a typo, mistitle the thread (accidentally), etc.

My title change is not important so I will not pursue it to be changed.