Ice Wars | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Wars

And one has to wonder why figure skating isn't more of a popular SPORT? The saving grace would be that for some people it is entertainment - forget the sport and "war".

Joe

Eeyora

Final Flight
I definitely think the men have a huge advantage! Especially with Yagudin still in top form. I just hope Brian and Kurt choose to leave the props at home this year!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
We're definitely going now (my friend got our tickets ordered this morning) and I am so excited!! We are fourth row dead center which should be perfect for great pictures and program viewing. I'll be sure to post a report and some pictures after I get home from Peoria. YAY for the season starting VERY soon!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Eeyora said:
I definitely think the men have a huge advantage! Especially with Yagudin still in top form. I just hope Brian and Kurt choose to leave the props at home this year!

ITA- the men should walk away with this one

Linny

Final Flight
Weight

Now that's just goofy. Stoyko has not been overweight that I've seen. Victim of bad choreography (pump and grind type) but not overweight... and wasn't he in fighting shape for a marshall arts competition?
Linny

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Red Dog said:
Just curious- will it be on TV this year?

Well, on American TV, it will probably be on CBS, which IIRC, has carried it for years -- even though it no longer has the Olys, and "Ice Wars" has been about its only skating event!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Also- CBS I notice takes care to actually ADVERTISE it. Last year I saw a promo for it during Survivor.

MaryP

Spectator
Actually, Elvis is one of the only reasons that I am going to watch this show. I can't wait to see his new programmes.:clap:

No Ilia Kulik this year? Bummer. And he skated so spectacularly last year. Guess they have to think ratings, i.e., North American skaters. Just my personal preference.

Rgirl

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Rgirl said:
No Ilia Kulik this year? Bummer. And he skated so spectacularly last year. Guess they have to think ratings, i.e., North American skaters. Just my personal preference.

Rgirl

Actually Ilia Kulik was not there last year either. 2003 was his last year in Ice Wars. Maybe you are right about the ratings, but my guess is that maybe the N/A skaters would not like to be beaten by two Russians and that could have been the reason that he was not invited in 2004?

Thanks, Jaana. I stand corrected once again--not by you, just on another thread. Sheesh, I can't even get last year right, much less what happened in which year, except for really BIG DEALS, over a decade ago. :frown2: :think: :laugh:

Rgirl