Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Lineup Confirmed for Campbell's Classic

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

News Final Lineup Confirmed for Campbell's Classic

Down With It
    The addition of Rochette to the Ladies matchup is interesting indeed.

RD

Tripping on the Podium
    She has the goods to place as high as 3rd, and has placed ahead of both Fumie Suguri and Shizuka Arakawa before in the long program. Nor do I think Kimmie Meissner or Emily Hughes are competition.

Irina is out - smart lady!!

No Buttle; No Stephane - smart men!!

Now chilrun, ya all go to the Events Section and make your predictions.

Joe

woot!! i really like Joannie Rochette!

Down With It
    I didn't even notice Irina was gone- and yes, I agree, smart move by her. These things don't matter.

Custom Title
    I'm so excited that Suguri and Rochette have been added! I can't wait to see their programs. I've heard a lot of good things about Suguri's program, I hope she skates well.
    Last edited by bdreampixie; 09-21-2005 at 04:12 PM. Reason: I had Kostner on my mind and put her name instead of Suguri. Ooops..

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Good lineup, can't wait!!

Dee

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I'm curious Joe, as to why you seem happy about Irina not doing Campbells. I thought from previous discussions that you were from the "do every event you can" school.

Custom Title

Irina

ITA Joe, Irina was smart to skip this event and wait for the relevant ones. However, I am glad that we will be able to see how the other ladies are skating whether they skate their 2005-2006 porgrams or not.

I am sad that Irina won't be there. With the addition of Irina, it's a blockbuster line-up. But without her, all the winner can say is, I'm the best in the non-Slutskaya category (on this night, of course).

Still...Joannie could take it all! All she has to do is skate like she did at Canadian Nationals last year.

Then, too...Fumie could take it all! Last year she had the best choreography and the best costume.

But then again, Shizuka, yay!

I'll let everyone else worry about who has the best strategy for peaking at the Olympics. As for me, I just plan to enjoy the competitions one at a time.

Mathman

Quote Originally Posted by nymkfan51
    I'm curious Joe, as to why you seem happy about Irina not doing Campbells. I thought from previous discussions that you were from the "do every event you can" school.
    I actually admired her for doing so much in spite of the conflict that it could cause with the more important competitions. However, her withdrawal of this cheesefest despite the money (which she needs) just makes me think she is determined to be tip top for the GPs, Russian Nats and Olys.

(I think she should also skip the Japanese one, too. that leaves Shizuka and Fumie doing everything. Hey, they know their bodies better than I do.)

Joe

Custom Title
    It sucks that Jeff withdrew. I was looking forward to it, but I'm happy Emanuel is taking his place. But Jeff just doesn't seem in the right place right now (based on a recent article), so maybe this is best for him.

I see the final line-up has 7 U.S. skaters and 6 from other countries -- not too bad for these affairs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetb
    She has the goods to place as high as 3rd, and has placed ahead of both Fumie Suguri and Shizuka Arakawa before in the long program. Nor do I think Kimmie Meissner or Emily Hughes are competition.
    Last year Shizuka was breaking in new boots and had the weight of the World championship on her shoulders. After her disappointing placement at Worlds 2005, Shizuka's enthusiasm is back and she's working hard to regain her competitive edge. She's no pushover, and neither are Kwan and Cohen. I expect these three ladies to take the top 3 spots.

As for Kimmie and Emily, it all depends on how well they skate. Emily did medal at Junior Worlds last year, and she won a summer competition.

Fumie---well, she tends to peak later in the season and Joannie, mid-season, so Joannie might finish ahead of her.

IMO, Joannie is a pleasant skater, but somehow doesn't have the charisma of the top skaters (Fumie, Shizuka, Kwan, Cohen).

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast