Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Lineup Confirmed for Campbell's Classic

Down With It
    but the 2 footing was a Nicks strategy that worked out well for her.
    How do you know that? (Just curious- did he say it in an article or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by brad640
    I think the judges might start turning on Sasha if she is still 2 footing everything like she was last season, but the 2 footing was a Nicks strategy that worked out well for her.
    When was Sasha two-footing everything? I don't recall her two-footing anything at worlds and she didn't compete on teh GP through injury...did she two foot lots of jumps at nationals?

Ant

Custom Title
    Yes, Sasha two-footed jumps in both SP and FS at Nationals '05.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Well I saw Emily's performance at Liberty. Her program is very COP friendly and she has a spin with a very unique entrance. Plus she's as flexible as Sarah Hughes so she's easily getting into the Biellman position. Her jumps weren't that great at Liberty but since that was just an early competition for feedback, I highly doubt she really cared whether she landed the jumps or not. It looked like she was going easy on them. I still stand by my prediction that Emily will get that 3rd spot.
    I am so impressed by Emily's choreography this year, especially the spiral sequence. She has deep edges and lovely positions throughout the program. I agree she will score very well this season. The best thing about Emily is that she owns her skating and has personal conviction unlike Kimmie who looks like she has no feeling behind her eyes and is a pawn of Pam Gregory, and not in a good way like Sarah and Robyn.

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    When was Sasha two-footing everything? I don't recall her two-footing anything at worlds and she didn't compete on teh GP through injury...did she two foot lots of jumps at nationals?
    Sasha 2 footed many jumps throughout the competition at worlds. Also at Marshall's at the end of the season she 2 footed almost every jump. Peggy was indignant watching her because of all the 2 footing.

Nicks said last season that Sasha could 2 foot to help her keep from falling because 2 footing does not carry a mandatory deduction. It worked well for her because she didn't get negative GoE at worlds for her 2 footed jumps and she was so far ahead of everyone else on spins that she was very securely in second.

Ice Angel
    Probably two footed is a way to learn triple jumps for many skaters. Some jumping beans here learn triples this way. So even they can not land the jumps, but they never fall badly to hurt themselves. They stand on two feet. On good days they land triples on one foot and on bad days they land on two feet.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Yes, Sasha two-footed jumps in both SP and FS at Nationals '05.
    Well goodness if she did it in all of one competition then she must be a serial two footer who has a strategy to two foot all her jumps then

Ant

[QUOTE=brad640]

Sasha 2 footed many jumps throughout the competition at worlds. Also at Marshall's at the end of the season she 2 footed almost every jump. Peggy was indignant watching her because of all the 2 footing.
    QUOTE]

I don't know about Marshalls because we don't get televised over here but off the top of my head i don't remember any two footed jumps at worlds - can you name the ones she did this on to help jog my memory?

Cheers
    Ant

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by brad640

Nicks said last season that Sasha could 2 foot to help her keep from falling because 2 footing does not carry a mandatory deduction. It worked well for her because she didn't get negative GoE at worlds for her 2 footed jumps and she was so far ahead of everyone else on spins that she was very securely in second.
    I'm a CoP idiot, but I thought that 2-footing was supposed to downgrade the jump, like the cheating did?

Custom Title
    An underrotated AND two-footed jump would get downgraded and also get -GOE. If the jump was fully rotated and two-footed, it would get -GOE but no downgrade.

I think that the judges might take more off the GOE, though, if many of the jumps were two-footed, and the PCS Skating Skills score might possibly take a hit.

But probably not for Sasha. After all, the callers accept her egregious flutz as a lutz, and the judges don't take much off her GOE for flutzing.

However, Irina rarely two-foots jumps and if Irina skates clean, Sasha would have zero chance of winning if her technical marks are getting dinged for faulty jumps. Irina's tech scores are high, and Irina's PCS scores were higher than Sasha's at Worlds: 30.34 to 30.08 in the SP, where Irina wasn't clean; and 66.07 to 62.12 in the FS. And if Kwan has her act together and can perform clean, CoP-proficient programs, Sasha can't afford to give up points to her either.
    Last edited by chuckm; 09-23-2005 at 08:57 AM.

From my view, it seems that Sasha lands her jumps with the free foot very close to the landing foot and then there is a swoosh to follow through. I wouldn't say she actually double foots them because to me it is not as clear as Oksana who double foots like the most of anyone.

I would give Sasha the benefit of the doubt but I will look closer this season.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    From my view, it seems that Sasha lands her jumps with the free foot very close to the landing foot and then there is a swoosh to follow through. I wouldn't say she actually double foots them because to me it is not as clear as Oksana who double foots like the most of anyone.

I would give Sasha the benefit of the doubt but I will look closer this season.

Joe
    One thing Sasha does have is a beautiful air position in her jumps - her feet are cross tightly and pointed in the text book perfect way, because of this she has to be careful to get that free leg checking early in her jumps to show the judges she's not using the free to land...to be honest this is the first i've heard of her two-footing jumps and even though it pays to make it clear to the judges that you're not doing it, there are usually tell tale signs if you do eg snow flying up from an odd angle from the touch down of the free toe.

Ant

Medalist

Sasha's 2 footed jumps

At Nationals, Sasha did not 2-foot a jump in the SP (hand-down lutz, BARELY tipped forward but otherwise clean landing on flip, tippled forward 2axel).
    In her Nats LP, she put her hand down on the 3loop (underrotated), and fell on her 2nd 3lutz, (underrotated and clearly 2-footed).

At Moscow Worlds, she 2-footed her second 2 toe in her 3z/2t/2t combo (and also fell on 3loop, other than that the rest of her QR was clean). In her SP, she 2-footed her 3flip and had the usual tilted-forward landing on her 2axel.

In her SP, she again 2 footed her 2toe in her 3f/2t/2t. And of course she had that pitched forward and turn out landing on her second 3flip (no 2-footing clearly b/c her free leg was fighting to keep her balance) and that step out on her 3sal in sequence w/ 3toe.

I guess the EASIEST way to tell is to magnify her boots landing on the ice.

In the spring Marshall's Invitational, Sasha could hardly jump at all because she had sustained an injury in COI practice the week before. She was rightly proud of herself for sucking it up and giving the Marshall's audience her best effort, using dazzling spirals and spins to offset the double-footed jumps.

MM

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    In the spring Marshall's Invitational, Sasha could hardly jump at all because she had sustained an injury in COI practice the week before. She was rightly proud of herself for sucking it up and giving the Marshall's audience her best effort, using dazzling spirals and spins to offset the double-footed jumps.

MM
    That's quite an accomplishment for her. If she's happy with her effort then good for her.

The real challenge for her, and all the skaters, is next season. It's been three years, and we've had all sorts of surprises, blind corners, and of course some obviously predictable competitions. Placements have been all over the place except for the American ladies. Now next season it's a sprint to the finish. Who can maximize the point system the best? Who can perform their program the best, when the moment is right?

I'd say look for some more surprises. Of course, if Irina is going to continue to dominate like last year, it's no fun anymore.

JMO.

Custom Title
    The rumors said sasha starts practicing her triples again.....

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast