Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Lineup Confirmed for Campbell's Classic

VINluvsKwan, I appreciate your knowlegable posts here. Thanks for joining us.

Mathman

PS. I mean "knowledgeable" -- sorry, GrGranny.
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-23-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brad640
    The best thing about Emily is that she owns her skating and has personal conviction unlike Kimmie who looks like she has no feeling behind her eyes and is a pawn of Pam Gregory, and not in a good way like Sarah and Robyn.
    What a strange remark. Granted, Kimmie needs a little more mascara to give her eyes greater conviction and feeling, but still...

Here she is with evil puppet-master Pam (as opposed to good puppet-master Robyn).

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/o...ner,K-02lg.jpg

Mathman

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    That's a great shot of Kimmie- have you got any more?

ETA: Actually never mind- I found the whole database (hehe...)
    Last edited by R.D.; 09-23-2005 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    That's a great shot of Kimmie- have you got any more?

ETA: Actually never mind- I found the whole database (hehe...)
    Red Dog, don't tell me you've found a skater you can be a fan of!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I didn't even notice Irina was gone- and yes, I agree, smart move by her. These things don't matter.

i didn't either. lol.

Custom Title
    Kimmie will win it all with a quad axel and new Level 4 mascara!

Sasha will come in third because of brown mascara, which we all know is not as fabulous as black mascara....

..Michelle will come in last because she left her mascara at home and was only able to borrow cheap Wet 'n Wild mascara dissappointing all her fans ( Michelle how could you?!)

Custom Title
    What a strange remark. Granted, Kimmie needs a little more mascara to give her eyes greater conviction and feeling, but still...

Here she is with evil puppet-master Pam (as opposed to good puppet-master Robyn).

http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/o...ner,K-02lg.jpg

Mathman
    I agree with Brad's remark about Kimmie. Kimmie looks like she's just going through the motions. Even though she landed all of her jumps at Nats, there was no spark of happiness in her eyes. Emily on the other hand SPARKLES on the ice. I downloaded a program from Easterns (or sectionals, before nats) and Emily took such a hard fall on a jump in the middle of her program. Her feet seemed to miss the ice and she landed on her side and you can practictically hear the thud as her hip connected to the ice. She got right back up and one second later had the biggest smile on her face (which extended to her eyes) and was selling the next section of music and nailed the next two jumps. I know that if it were me, my eyes would have been tearing from pain with that kind of fall and most other skaters would not have composed themselves. I think that girl is a very special skater and person to be able to do that.

Also Emily's puppetmaster is Nathan Birch, not eville Robin Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreampixie
    Kimmie will win it all with a quad axel and new Level 4 mascara!

Sasha will come in third because of brown mascara, which we all know is not as fabulous as black mascara....

..Michelle will come in last because she left her mascara at home and was only able to borrow cheap Wet 'n Wild mascara dissappointing all her fans ( Michelle how could you?!)
    But at the last minute Michelle finds her artificial lashes and wins in a rout!

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/l...lle-lashes.jpg

Not to be outdone, Tanith grabs the eye shadow...

http://www.belbin-agosto.net/4images...edia/78/48.jpg
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-23-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    ...Emily on the other hand SPARKLES on the ice...
    I quite agree. Emily has a kind of innocent joyfulness about her skating, win or lose -- like she's just tickled to pieces to be out there doing what she loves.

This is not, however, a putdown of Kimmie. Kimmie has plenty of time to develop her own on-ice personality (after she gets that triple Axel down pat, LOL.)

Mathman

Custom Title
    But at the last minute Michelle finds her artificial lashes and wins in a rout!

http://www.atlantamakeupartist.com/l...lle-lashes.jpg
    I hear she stole those lashes from Sandhu. I knew Kwan was kwafty

Custom Title
    Beautiful pic of Michelle mathman.

I agree Shizuka may does have a good chance. I am not counting her out at all this season.

Kimmie has plenty of time to develop her own on-ice personality (after she gets that triple Axel down pat, LOL.)
    that's what Timmy said about the quad and we are still waiting for him to get a personality!

Quote Originally Posted by soogar

Also Emily's puppetmaster is Nathan Birch, not eville Robin Wagner.
    Yes and Nathan is no puppetmaster because the Hughes parents know how to pick coaches for their daughters. They also know how to manage the coaches because Robin did not reveal her dark side until Sarah had moved on. Until then she was a doting surrogate mother.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brad640
    Yes and Nathan is no puppetmaster because the Hughes parents know how to pick coaches for their daughters. They also know how to manage the coaches because Robin did not reveal her dark side until Sarah had moved on. Until then she was a doting surrogate mother.
    I don't think that it's the coaches who are great but rather that the Hughes raised daughters who respect authority and actually do what their coaches tell them to do and work hard. I also think that the Hughes don't get involved with the coach-student relationship. If Sarah or Emily had trouble with their coaches, I think the Hughes parents would tell those kids to work it out rather than get involved and jump to another coach. Contrast that with Sasha's mother who uproots the whole family just to switch coaches for Sasha and as soon as things get difficult, right away they're moving on to the next coach.

Robin only became eville when Sarah stopped training hard and then quit the sport. I can only imagine what kind of exchanges occurred between those two to cause Sarah to completely cut off contact from her coach. I imagine they were a lot worse than the crap that happened with Sasha. Though I believe that everything went down the way it did with Sasha because Robin was so frustrated that she finally had a talented skater to work with yet that skater didn't want to work hard. I agree with Robin that Sasha just doesn't want to do what she needs to do to win. Sasha would rather skate to rehashed favorites and stay with her signature moves rather than try different things with her skating.
    Last edited by soogar; 09-24-2005 at 01:54 AM.

Down With It
    Sasha would rather skate to rehashed favorites and stay with her signature moves rather than try different things with her skating.
    Well hey, we can say that as fans but would she really be better off? She's still 2nd in the rankings even skating to "rehashed favorites," and could possibly get to first if she would put some feeling into her performance and lay off the little mistakes. Hey, the judges seem to love her...still.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast