Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New (somewhat depressing) Jeff Article

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    So, if Tim Goebel is healthy, he might be the new men's OGM?
    Why not? Big jumps mean more than PCS from what I've seen.

Joe

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Both Brian Orser and Elvis Stojko gave Emanuel Sandhu some seasoned advice about the Olympic year - Stay away from the press!!! Perhaps, they should pass this advice on to Jeff as well.

I was unable to access the article, but from some of the comments it sounds rather negative. I hope Jeff does not take it too seriously.

Jeff does not need the quad to prove what a magnificent skater and music interperter he is. He transcends all the jumpers with his amazing choreography.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    Both Brian Orser and Elvis Stojko gave Emanuel Sandhu some seasoned advice about the Olympic year - Stay away from the press!!! Perhaps, they should pass this advice on to Jeff as well.

I was unable to access the article, but from some of the comments it sounds rather negative. I hope Jeff does not take it too seriously.
    Jeff got some advice from the best! He hung out with and learned lots from Kurt, Yags, Sale/Pelletier, etc this spring, and they helped him learn how to approach this season (while Yags and Kurt also supposedly helped him with some of his jumps).

The article wasn't exactly an article ON Jeff, it was more of a combination of an interview/article. Jeff mentioned himself how the quad is kinda sucking, and the pressure from Skate Canada, that he now thinks he 'lost the gold' at worlds... those were his words. The only thing the article itself mentioned that wasn't all Jeff was that Jeff skipped one of 3 on ice sessions that particular day to see a physio about his hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Why not? Big jumps mean more than PCS from what I've seen.
    And there is also the Zayak factor. A quad counts as a different jump as a triple. So for instance you can do a quad toe/triple toe, then later on do a solo triple toe and get credit for all three. If you don't have a quad, you're Zayaked out, and you have to eek out your jumping passes with a couple of double axels, like Jeff did in Moscow.

Mathman

Banned
    I think if Lambiel, Joubert, and Plushenko, all skate reasonably well, even with some mistakes, they will have no problem shutting quadless Weir and Buttle off the medal podium in Turin; although some people claim Weir "is much more likely" somehow to have a quad than Buttle. I will believe that when I see it. Lysacek or Lindemann repeating their bronzes of the last two Worlds would be a huge miracle in Turin. Plushenko is the favorite if he is healthy, but all the men have injuries issues to some extent, it will be interesting to see how the season develops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3